DW or 2-hander?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-erinn, Jan 6, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-erinn Guest

I'm a leveling 'zerker, level 46 currently. I mostly duo with a Mystic, and so far have used a mastercrafted 2-hander most of the time (switching to a shield/1-hander for tough named mobs). I'm wondering if instead of the 2-hander, I should be dual wielding.
    I tried to do some research on it, but it seems like much of the info on which is better has changed with game updates in the past year or two.
    So, any recommendations? It sounds like DW might be better at the end-game, when adornments come more into play; but should I be DW'ing now? Would a pair of mastercrafted 4-delay 1-handers be better than a 6-second 2-hander?
  2. ARCHIVED-Zentalas Guest

i have the same question, i took a year off when TSO was still current and then Zerkers were basically like guardians, we used a sword and board for tanking and DW for DPS, I've read that both 2 handers and Dual weild got some love and that now we don't use a shield at all...

so I'm at a loss and i'm afraid all the zerker info i've found ehre is outdated.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lesa13 Guest

last time i saw any numbers, dw was better dps for single target and 2h was better for aoe if you're myth buffed. of course, now offhand can aoe and 2h have been buffed. if i really wanted to know i would set up a single training dummy and parse it dw and 2h. then set up 4 of them and run the same parse.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lesa13 Guest

i just ran some parses on training dummies and (in pvp gear mind you) i was doing about 4k dps dw and 3.7 k dps 2h with just auto attack single target. with 4 dummies sat up i did 13.1k dps dw and 12.8k 2h. this was purely auto atk parsing with dw pvp weapons and the 2h pvp weapon.
  5. ARCHIVED-False420 Guest

I just looted a really nice 2 hander for my zerker. Normally I DW. So I wanted to come here for some opinions on 2 handers before I attuned this sweet weapon.
  6. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

Well it depends on what weapons you have to select.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jopi Guest

If only 2 handers, would some sort of block chance or something of that nature.....
  8. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

takes a bit of testing to know what 2 hander will outparse DW on multiple targets, for PLing DW should still be superior mainly because i doubt they have revamped many old 2 handers to be worth their weight in salt.