Dungeons no longer accessible below adventure level 20

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gudum, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Gudum Active Member

Just curious, since the patch last Thursday killed all my fun, how many others were running player dungeons with low-level toons? For those who didn't know, before the patch it was level 20 adventure or tradeskill level.
  2. Mystfit Well-Known Member

How did it kill all your fun? Getting to 20 isn't too hard, so it can't be that?
  3. Gudum Active Member

I had a shadowknight locked at level 10, with all the mastercrafted/fabled gear that could be made from the reactants at that level. In a dungeons full of trash mobs (without any of the really high-level stuff), he could handle just about anything.
  4. Ladymist Well-Known Member

When they launched and for quite awhile you had to be 20+ to use them. ( I know because sometimes on my newby toons I would forget and try to hop into one to be quickly reminded I was not high enough) So apparently recently you found a bug to get into them under 20. I am glad they fixed it back to normal.
  5. Afista Well-Known Member

It used to be lvl 20 tradeskill or adventurer to be able to run dungeons. I think the OP is saying they removed the lvl 20 tradeskiller option. I haven't tried on my lowbies recently, but the lvl 20+ tradeskillers used to be able to run them fine. Seems odd for them to take that away now.
  6. Gudum Active Member

Thats exactly what they did - the patch set the requirement to adventure level 20. I was expecting it to happen sometime, because the level-agnostic system seemed to favor the lower adventure levels, or possibly the lower levels are just naturally overpowered (never seemed to need a lot of armor at the very beginning, when starting a new toon).
  7. Guiscard Active Member

Someone is always glad in this game when someone else's fun is spoiled - what a bunch of kill joys in this game who expect everyone to play the game the way they do.
    Kasbur and mavet like this.