Dungeon Switches/Levers (Clickies)

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Loguems, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Loguems New Member

There are a couple of "older" zones that require multiple people to click switches simultaneously to open doors to progress in the dungeon/raid. Any chance these can be done away with or the timer changed to allow a solo player to click multiple? Many people don't go to these zones anymore so they have to be soloed... and you can't solo them with these mechanics.

Dungeons: Emperor Atrebe's Laboratory: The Fabled City of Kor-sha, Hold of Rime: The Fortress Spire

I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting.

Thanks!
    Jest, Sentrasia, tabou and 9 others like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

3. Gharyn Well-Known Member

The big one is Icy Keep. Two quests require 6 switches to be pulled simultaneously by 6 people on the same part of the quest. Been trying to get that on and off for years.

Got in a group a few months ago, got to the switches and found out one person wasn't at the right part of the quest. The group fell apart while he tried to get caught up.
    Sentrasia, Benj, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

Splirpaw has one where you have to take 2 paths simultaneously and remove alternate obstacles.
    Sentrasia, Twyla and Breanna like this.
  5. Loguems New Member

Totally forgot that one.. and the Splitpaw one is the worst.
    Sentrasia and Twyla like this.
  6. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

I dunno. I can see both sides, but personally I don't like the idea of dumbing-down the old zones and strats just to make them soloable. Most of the fun for that Icy Keep quest was actually rounding up the people, getting them all synchronized, making sure they all had mittens (or whatever it was ;)), etc etc etc. When we succeeded it actually *was* an achievement worth cheering about!

Take all that away and why would you bother?
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

You have a valid point, however that was all back in the day when there were actually people about to round up. Things have changed. Nowadays it's either soloable or the content goes completely unused.
    Sentrasia, Breanna and Games'nGhosts like this.
  8. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Well I don't know about "back in the day". This was a bit under 2 years ago.
  9. jonnyandme New Member

I can see both sides, but personally I don't like the idea of dumbing-down the old zones they already dumbed it down getting rid of flight path quest handing out free gear merc so on
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  10. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

It's old content and a lot of people enjoy the game that used to be more than the game that is now. Being able to *experience* those zones regardless of the effort needed to do so is enough to keep people happy. Let us solo raid content without insta-kill curses, needing four ascension classes or certain classes to counter a boss being present, or power drains, or multiple switches that need to be flipped at the same time.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

It's worth asking for, but the way that Live servers and TLE servers are linked means you probably can't change one without changing the other.
  12. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Then change TLE and let everyone enjoy it.
    jonnyandme likes this.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

You know very well that's not what people want on TLE and the current TLE is the most active server.
    Aggy likes this.
  14. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I do know, but I don't care.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

As long as you get what you want, screw the people that play TLE and probably keep the game afloat. Got it.