Dungeon Maker Rendering Rates

Discussion in 'Dungeon Maker' started by ARCHIVED-Aderissah, Jul 25, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Aderissah Guest

Now I am sure I am not the first to complain, nor will I be the last, but we really need better rendering code for our dungeons! Sony encourages us to decorate, even holds contests for us, so whats with the craptastic rendering issues? The item count is 2000, and my mistmoore dungeon with 1400 items cant always render whole rooms at once. Step to one side and everything's pretty, but boom, the other half begins un-rendering. This is so silly! And in my latest dungeon there is one room (MM, large oval room with round checkered pedestal) that cannot render the entire room at once, regardless of where you stand, and it has very little decoration! It is really frusterating when I put hundreds (and I do mean HUNDREDS) of hours into my dungeons and the rendering rate is so abismal they're hard to enjoy thoroughly.
    I know I am not alone on this, but is there any hope? I am not a computer genius, but I am told this is not an overwhelmingly difficult fix on Sony's end... Is this correct? Can we hope to someday have this fixed, or shall I just start building lame un-decorated farm dungeons>.< <--would never do that.
    --A very frusterated dungeoneer.
  2. ARCHIVED-Afista Guest

I'm with you 110% on this! Would love some sort of improvement to the rendering rates in dungeons.
    They only reason why I venture out at all now-a-days is for decorating purposes or to see something (house or dungeon) that is decorated. I have absolutely no interest in visiting an undecorated dungeon. I've been visiting some really incredible dungeons across multiple servers lately too! The only draw back across the board has been rendering. It takes away from a place when half what is visible from a particular vantage point has yet to render in. That's got to be extremely frustrating for dungeon designers too!
    There's also the aspect that rendering time slows down the ability to properly play through a dungeon. You have to pause and wait for it to load fully before moving forward or else risk being stuck and losing all of your marks for a dungeon because you can't get to an exit. Another reason why they need to add dungeon completion for awarding marks and XP if someone has to use /house to exit.
  3. ARCHIVED-Aderissah Guest

Yes it is very frusterating:/ That has always been the biggest complaint I get about my dungeons; people getting stuck or having to slow way down to wait for things. I guess I just made the decision to continue decorating to my hearts content in the hopes that someday sony fixes things. Until then I'll just get complaints haha.
  4. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

I wish for this too. Mostly, my dungeons render fast enough to keep up with it, but if you have cleared a room or two and die and then run like a madman for the next one, you might end up stuck because no mobs are there to hinder you as the dungeon builds itself.
  5. ARCHIVED-Aderissah Guest

Yea mine are slow rendering if you're running through quickly, but unfortunately some of the rooms I have built won't fully render the entire room at one time! I guess I could drop my item count...but we all know the item count is there for you to fill it up ;)