Dungeon Maker listed Dungeons Broken?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vampyre, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Vampyre New Member

I wanted to go run a few of my dungeons, and oddly, none of my many many dungeons are listed. In fact, the "Hall of Fame" dungeon section only has 2 listed dungeons now, where there used to be page after page, and I have about 15 dungeons of my own in the Hall of Fame. Anyone else experiencing this?

A bit off subject, but also, are we going to ever do any improvements or expansion to DM? More layouts (outside layout, for example *taps foot*)? New spawners? Make a place just for those uncreative grind dungeons so that those that actually put effort and time into their dungeon design and story don't get overlooked because the first page or two of each section is just grind dungeons (coming from a former DM contest winner (Severiss) :p ) Oh, how about another DM contests?

I'll leave it at that and hope for a good SOE reply.
    suka likes this.
  2. tabou New Member

I am having same issue
  3. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Yup. Same problem here. I even re-published my dungeons yesterday, and they showed up, but i logged in today and they aren't showing up again. Only 4 dungeons on the whole server are showing up on Hall of Fame. The Dev Picks have always been hit or miss whether or not they show up on the DM window, but this is ridiculous. :\ I want to at least be able to see my own dungeons and see if anyone likes them. :\

I'm still waiting for more stuff for Dungeon maker too. :\ Seems like the only time they touch it with a ten foot pole is if there's an exploit going on. :\ There are some spawners that data mining found (Raven, hellhounds, satyrs, scarecrows) that appear to have been dropped mid-development. We all need to wish each other luck in hopes anything is done. /sad sigh

I got really jealous when i saw the Foundry in Neverwinter. XD My hubby plays Neverwinter (I can't. The locked and un-changeable camera position and movement style makes me motion sick in minutes.) there is SOOOOooooo much you can do with the Foundry there. It's like DM... but on steroids and with a bazzillion bucks to spend on development. >.> That and all resources weren't diverted to EQnext there. >.<
  4. Vampyre New Member

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating for those of us that like DM. I really got excited when I first heard about it. I was a beta tester for City of Villians (R.I.P.), and it's player creation content and ability was mind blowing. There really wasn't any limits on what you could do to your "Missions", including completely customized mobs with completely customized abilities/powers (even making epic level encounters by making an Arch Villian/Hero!), you had complete control. You could even have each mob doing any sort of emote you could come up with (sleeping, walking, dancing, fighting, praying, etc....). All maps in the game were available for use in the missions. The best part, however, was story arcs. You could have someone start a mission, and after completion, they move onto the next mission and so forth until the story arc you created was completed, usually giving the person who ran your mission a pretty hefty reward. THAT is how DM should be. If it were more like that, we could make some pretty interesting quests, and not just dungeons. That could vastly expand EQ2's content, without the Devs ever lifting a finger (for the most part).

With EQ Next coming next year, I feel that DM is doomed to be ignored, however. I may just unpublish and sell off all my deco goodies while they're worth something lol.
  5. MrObvious New Member

Glad to hear it not just me or my server. I can't find anything that I normally use. How about a fix?
  6. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Same problem here on Oasis. My dungeon keeps going poof from the lists. I even renamed it and re-published it and it disappeared from the lists again. Right now it's named "Mysstie's 5 Token Dungeon" of the Crushbone kind. Hey, it's only one room :). I mainly play it myself so I can get 5 tokens and buy a small mystery crate.

I know it still exists cause it says published in my persona window.

I'm thinking the Housing UI change borked up the DM. If you notice in the DM window, the Filter has "My Houses" instead of "My Dungeons".

Pretty lame if I'm going to need to Unpublish/Publish it once a day. What's weird is that some of them that are still on the list were published over a year ago. The Hall of Fame has like 4 listed now. I'd bug it game but there's no section for DM in the choices.
  7. petier Active Member

Same thing on AB, I have a few in the top five in the hall of fame and one that I have re-published since i kept getting in game tells asking to get it put back in, and it only lasts for a few hrs and poofs again. It would be nice to have them back, i know it is a small thing but was nice to have the leaderboards and see a non- grind DM on the top spot. Oh and any word on being able to add loot you got from raids to your dungons? Last year at fan fair i know that was asked durring the q/a and I for one haven't changed my mind. I would love to be able to put gear that i no longer need in the zone as a loot vs muting it.

Eddd AB
  8. MrObvious New Member

I think those of you who created dungeons should definitely /bug or /petition this.
  9. Zephere New Member

I already spoke to a GM for like a half hour on the problem the day of the housing ui update. That was the day this all started, so I totally believe the new update messed up the dungeons. The GM made a report and said watch for updates. Thats all I got. They said many others made a complaint. i have seen nothing from them about any word on what to expect/ I am a huge DM fan and have many published dungeons as well. I really hope this is fixed soon. I have a couple new ones I want to play in. Sucks to have to republish every day to do that.
    suka likes this.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

there is definitely a bug. this is the reply i got when petitioning it:
    "responding to your petition. I am sorry that you are having this problem, it looks like this might be a global issue at this time. We have reported this problem to our QA and Dev teams so that they can get to the bottom of this and hopefully find a solution for our players. Unfortunately, I am unable to do much in the way of helping you out with this issue right now but please hang in there for us. Please be sure to keep an eye out for our patch notes for more information on when this might be fixed, the best place to check out these patch notes would can be found at this knowledge base article here http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12349. Thank you in advance for you continued patience and if you need any other assistance just let us know!"

so the devs are aware and are working on it.
    Edit- i tried to unpublish and republish and today those dungeons are no longer listed. i only have one dungeon listed on the leaderboards- the latest one i made - although i have 4 published
  11. petier Active Member

I bugged it yesterday.

Eddd AB
  12. Ironwu New Member

Bugged it today.

From what I can tell, it looks like the system is removing any DM Dungeon (at reset time of day) that has one or more Likes logged. Leaving nothing but zero like dungeons in the lists at the start of the day.

Sure wish SoE would fix this with an emergency hot-fix/update.

Bad enough that SoE has been lapped by Neverwinter; worse that the system is in the bucket, currently.
  13. Afista Well-Known Member

I would definitely consider this "emergency hot-fix" worthy. Essentially, it's removed an entire playstyle from the game. There were only about 4 dungeons listed in the HoF on Crushbone last night...
  14. Dexella Associate Producer

I'll look into the bugged list issue.

As for another contest, we may consider that, but to be honest, it likely wouldn't be until sometime post-SOE Live (Eeeek, 36 days away!!!). But it is something we'd be open to in the future. :)
  15. Kerrthunk Member

Thank you for the update!
  16. DarkVoidZero Member

must be bugged atm
  17. suka Well-Known Member

the dungeons are broken and the devs say they are working on it. I found several bugs. you can't leave a dungeon right now unless you go to the actual exit. you can't find your published dungeons on a leaderboard and republishing them does no good. there were several other bugs. don't know when they will get fixed but it is hard to lay even my own dungeons right now.
  18. SentinelBasch Active Member

I'm glad to hear this is being worked on. Our guild is pretty active with Dungeon Maker and among us we have had quite a few dungeons in the Hall of Fame. The constant unpublishing and republishing is getting a little tiresome, too. Thanks Dexella for looking into it.
  19. Scatterfall New Member

Ah, okay. Was wondering where my dungeon was going. Please, pleasepleaseplease fix this ASAP.
  20. clapisback Active Member

I tried making a dungeon but it sucked so I deleted it, I just couldn't get into it but I'm not as creative as many of you. I want to make mine goofy and silly, two things that don't really fit into EQ2 :p