Dungeon finder average wait time?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by peteed1985, Apr 6, 2013.

1. peteed1985 New Member

It always lists as unknown and says low levels of all roles queued. Haven't managed to get one group yet which is very annoying for a gamer whos main fun in MMO's is instances. On top of that hundreds of idiots confusing low level new players by asking in the level 1 to 9 chat for more for 95 raids. Very annoying having the most of the fun not available till 95 and then missing out on hundreds of instances before that.
  2. AccidentProne37 Active Member

To be honest, I've never known anyone who actually uses the dungeon finder window for anything but to reset instance timers. You are right, I wish it were used more because it would certainly beat wading through 1-9 chat looking for groups in your specific level range. Oddly, I never see group listings in their proper level chat (ie, stormhold groups in 10-19)

The best advice I can offer is look at the dungeon finder to see what dungeons are available in your level range and advertise in the level chats for groupings. All else fails, start your own group! Also, I know it seems a standard answer anymore but its a working one...A great guild cannot be understated. Find one with folks of a like minded nature and have fun.
  3. Natsume Member

I have never been able to do anything with DF, but lately and I mean VERY lately (couple of hours ago) I put myself on a queue and got into a group within a couple of minutes. It was a small group (3) but it was quite fun doing that instance. Just put yourself in the queue and wait :p.
  4. Taysa Well-Known Member

People advertise for high level groups in 1-9 because sometimes someone on an alt who isn't 90-95 will see it and be willing to alt over for the group. The people advertising aren't being "idiots." (Bitter much?) They are maximizing the possibility of them finding someone suitable for their group.
  5. peteed1985 New Member

Well when they post in a low levels channel without saying what level they want for a group and then go nuts over chat at a low level new player for asking to join lol. Maybe they should use an LFG channel for finding groups instead of misusing a channel like that. When someone asks for more in a 1 to 9 channel it stands to reason that its for something for levels 1 to 9 to do.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

Not really since this game doesn't have an actual general chat channel, 1-9 on most servers is used as such and has been since pretty much the beginning of the game.

While it is jerky for someone to chew someone out for not knowing they were the wrong level for a zone when they didn't specify a level, 1-9 is a perfectly acceptable channel for any level to look for more for their group (they shoud always mention level ranges IMO since there are zones which use the same abbreviations when people are calling for them).

And really, since they removed the newbie island who needs a group level 1-9 anyway? Why would anyone be in there looking for a 1-9 group? If you are above 1-9 & complaining about others higher level than you in 1-9 looking for a group & angry the group isn't in your level range... isn't that a bit hypocritical?
  7. Yukishiro1 Active Member

Average wait time - 3.5 days. :p