Dungeon Difficulty?

Discussion in 'Dungeon Maker' started by ARCHIVED-Ninetail, Sep 10, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Ninetail Guest

The other day I was trying to make a dungeon for some friends and I to run. After a few hours of work, we zoned in and the tank was promptly vaporized on the first pull. I tried removing some mobs, but with even just one mob standing alone, the tank was getting crushed.
    So, in the “real world” our 5 man group can take on heroic mobs all day long, and handle even multiple adds with a reasonable chance of success. However set one foot in a player made dungeon and the party is destroyed.
    What on earth is going on? Is there some way to make player made dungeons play like SOE made content? Why on earth are the mobs in there a bazillion times more powerful than their open world counterparts?
  2. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Have you put any buff items in the room?
    Did you place the mob so close that it aggros immediately, perhaps before people finish zoning?
  3. ARCHIVED-Ninetail Guest

Nope. Just a lone orc standing in a room. We calculated that each hit was roughly 1/3 of the tank's total HP.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cenen Guest

I think the difficulty of the mob increases if you have more than two people in your group. Try zoning in solo or duo and trying it. Also, it seems to me the mobs are much harder if running the dungeon as your own character. I bet if you played the dungeon as a monster avatar it would be much easier.

A big problem I have running the dungeon as my conjuror is that none of the mobs are "grouped" so my group AoE spells only hit one mob and my pet taunts are not very effective against multiple mobs. I know that doesn't apply to your single orc case but it's something you will soon find out.

I'm disapointed SOE didn't spend more time fixing Dungeon Maker. The AoD expansion was basically just mercs and Dungeon Maker. You would think they would do more for their paying customers.
    Cenen of Permafrost