druids

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by rayden, Feb 13, 2013.

1. rayden Member

Was hoping druids would be bolstered for as of right now they cant take a hit and compete. Honestly stopped playing the warden for I feel like a detriment to the group. I play an undergeared mystic and can stand up in a big fight and heal the group way easier.
  2. acoloss Active Member

they seem to go down very quick, and HoTs are not like what they used to be.. as wards come first, then reactives, they should really have more powerful HoTs imo
  3. Luanne Active Member

Reactives do almost nothing also.. like 1-1.5k non crit and 3k crit is ridiculous. Sometimes it takes a few seconds to cast a reactive that ends up with 5 triggers of 1k ? How does that make any sense. Spiritual leadership passive proc, procs for more than that, shroud of armor passive proc regenerates more than that. The HoTs aren't too bad on warden considering there's 4 that you can stack, but alone they are not so good.
    Wards and direct heals are the only thing that helps, I almost don't want to go into a BG without a shaman in my group, and a troub, and either SK or templar to help mitigate the chain stuns that occur constantly. Having a troub in the group is almost essential because the arcane cure is so obscenely OP, not to mention the buffs/procs.

Druids are still a beast though, mainly because their ability to react fast to a situation like some big spike damage with 0.5s and 0.75s heal casts whereas other priests have to preward or pre-reactive(which doesn't do anything except make your HP go down a little slower when it should make it go up).

After the nerfs and I popped divine guidance and both emergency reactives in a pvp fight and my health still went down due to every hit being harder than what the reactives hit for, was pretty frustrating.

It's no wonder the only healers you see in bgs that do well is shaman and warden, and fury if they keep power. Clerics have an absolutely beast group heal but it's long cast, and one beast single target heal that is a long cast. My warden has the same exact single target heals, which do the same amount, and are half the cast time. Doesn't seem fair to me, the initial heal on the warden should be less, and the HoT portion should be more but it's not :/
    It wasn't so bad before when people didn't die in 2 seconds, when the 1.5s (which turns into 4-5 seconds with all the interrupts) casts on the clerics was plenty of time to heal someone, but now everyone dies before the heal even finishes.
    Hopefully the new updates will help. I'd love to see DPS reduced even more, and heals/wards reduced even more, and reactives and hot's a little stronger(not a ton but at least something), and the passive procs reduced somewhat (like make SL only proc off you attacking versus you being hit also, and the troub arcane cure limited to 1 trigge per amount of time).

Yeah there's a lot of balancing to do mainly because of the diversity of the classes. Whoever gets the most 'stacked' group in a BG easily wins. It's way off balance in terms of how group buffs interact and the match making system doesn't take this into consideration. if you get a group with mystic, troub, illy, warlock, wiz, templar, and then the other group is inquis, paladin, dirge, coercer, necro, fury.. who do you think is going to faceroll the other team no matter how good the players are (assuming equally geared). It's so difficult to balance because of this type of diversity that you can have come into play in groups.

On nagafen, warfields isn't even worth going to unless you have a stacked group with the most OP classes. You can't just build a random group like you used to be able to and at least survive a while and have a chance (any tank any priest, any dps).

Kudos for them trying to balance it, while you are at it please FIX THE LAG!@ :>
  4. acoloss Active Member

obviously a better group setup is going to have an advantage.. that's common sense..

the thing with the troub cure arcane is this.... it cures when you take any dmg... i actually believe it should be "cures arcane when you take arcane dmg".. or, reduce it to 10% instead of 25%.. easily fixed.. would actually enjoy the spell to be nerfed, then our Illu can do more DPS + CC .. will make our fights much better :)
  5. Luanne Active Member

'have an advantage' is one thing, completely curbstomp the other group because of class imbalances is too much..
    Your troub thing cures when anyone in the entire raid takes dmg since it's a raid buff..