Druid rings and Spires in Kunark?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Zardoz, Nov 2, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Zardoz Guest

I do not remember reading whether or not there will be Druid Rings and (Combine?) Spires in Kunark that can be used for transportation (portals or teleport). Does anyone know if there will be and how many of each type?
  2. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Hmm...wasnt Dreadlands the only place druids and wizards could port to in EQ1? If so then they MIGHT gain one new port for all we know.
  3. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Galithdor wrote:
    believe it 3was dreadlands, emerald jungle and skyfire
  4. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

I believe emerald jungle and skyfire were called 'evac' spells and had a slightly faster cast time in addition to teleporting you into a more dangerous area than other teleports. It's hard to say what that will transfer into for kunark.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

Well, all the other cities have port locations in their adjacent outdoor zone, so we'll probably find a new port location in the Timorous Deep. The Firepot Room, perhaps?
  6. ARCHIVED-skinandbones Guest

The port to Ejay was a evac spell at first and you had to be at karnors castle to use that spell. They changed the 2 port spells skyfire and ejay regular teleport spells later on. You can teleport anywhere to those two spots.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

skinandbones wrote:
    I remember the Evac thing, but it worked in zones other than Karnor's Castle.
  8. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

You just had to be in a dungeon zone for the evac spells to work. Then they changed then to regular group teleports. I would hope that there are still player teleports to Kunark. I hope the Combinie ruins still exist in the Lost Valley in DL as well, that place was a thing of beauty.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lanalia Guest

When I quit playing EQLive a few years ago, the Druid EJ and SF ports were still classified as evacs... in the sense that they forgot people once in awhile. It wasn't fun to cast the spell to port someone to one of those two zones, just to find out that the spell left them behind. :)
    I also hope there are port spells for RoK.. at least to the Dreadlands if nothing else.
  10. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

last I heard the offical developer response to druid or wizard porting to Kunark was "Whoops"
  11. ARCHIVED-GwenRelentless Guest

I heard that too.
    Lovely.