Drinal X4 Post 4/16

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Gninja, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Wanyen Active Member

2. Mathrim Active Member

I guess I am a little confused on where the mem-wipe falls into the overall design with the Soulwells. I thought the mem-wipe was the upstairs condition triggered by Exhaustion. I was under the impression that 3 Soulwell version could still be done without the mem wipe as long as you did 1/3/4 wells. Here's what my understanding of the functions of the wells are. Can I get people to confirm or deny.

Soulwell 1 Red - Temporal
    Downstairs - Temporal Soulwell frontal cone AE
    Upstairs - Selected player gets warning on heart sinking (takes more incoming damage)

Soulwell 2 Blue - Exhaustion
    Downstairs - 4 player elemental range check debuff draining health/power
    Upstairs - Addition of mem-wipe ability for Drinal?

Soulwell 3 Yellow - Patronage
    Downstairs - 2 player noxious debuff range split
    Upstairs - Addition of Patrons + Chain spawn Adds

Soulwell 4 Green - Transmogrification
    Downstairs - Incurable curse tank swap
    Upstairs - Incurable curse bubble destroying

So is the mem-wipe an addition of any version past 2 soulwell? Or is it the upstairs effect of Exhaustion? If it isn't the upstairs effect, then what exactly does Exhaustion do for it's secondary effect?

We've killed 2 soulwell with Exhaustion and he is definitely mem-wiping whereas when we do 2 soulwell with 1/4, there are no memwipes at all.........
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Soulwell 2 - Blue - Exhaustion

Up top, also puts an detriment on the MT which basically removes all their mitigation.

Pretty sure red up top gives the named more melee skills too, but may be wrong on that.

Memwipe from what Gninja posted earlier though, appears to be a mechanic added to 3 soulwell and 4 soulwell, independant of which ones you chose.
  4. Mathrim Active Member

Then the mem wipe was just added with the latest "fixes."

We've been doing 2 soulwell Drinal with 1/3 and 1/4 with absolutely no mem wipes up top for months. We did 2 soulwell with 1/2 earlier this week after the changes to Exhaustion and he was mem wiping all over the place. And it wasn't just a shuffle, it was dropping the current tank target from 100% to 1% every single time.

I guess this change wasn't intentional since Gninja already said he was going to take it out. I'm just surprised that a mem-wipe mechanic that didn't exist previous on 1 or 2 SW got added. Just another bug then....
  5. Gninja Developer

Yes, the aggro drop on his target is supposed to be part of any combination of soulwells in 3 or 4 soulwell. It is currently showing up at the top of the lift for all soulwells and that will be fixed with tuesday's update. That was a side effect of the last round of bugfixes and wasn't caught in our testing. the aggro drop only happens on his target and if you have other tanks their hate is not affected.
  6. Regolas Well-Known Member

For the group version, turning off SOGA models makes him reappear/become visable
  7. Avianna Well-Known Member

What if instead of fighting him on an elevator you instead make him simply port the whole raid to the top when he goes into hs bubble and just remove the elevator from the zone.
  8. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Fight's working well enough at this point. Would be afraid of a fix like that breaking it again.
  9. Darkon Well-Known Member

Fight is SO much easier than it used to be. Disappointing.