Dragons excepted to revisit.

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Ucala, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Ucala Well-Known Member

So if you listen to the new expac coming up pretty soon, much like the normal afterlife for people (EJ and Obol). we are getting to go to the dragon afterlife where you get to meet up with Yelinak after his defeat to Kerafyrm. I was just thinking the other day of what other dragons we have killed that we -might- get to re visit.
    there is Darathar. Lady Vox. Dragons from VP. maybe Venskar (hope not cause he is tech in the other afterlife). any others?
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Woushi is confirmed by the preview.

Lady Vox is interesting. Her spirit resides in Norrath still so it's not really known what has happened to her after the failed resurrection by Nagafen. For all we know she is still a half-formed Ice-Lich of a Dragoness.
  3. Ucala Well-Known Member

ahh Woushi, I forgot about him.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

Darathar is confirmed. Vox is confirmed to not be there, because she's technically undead, not dead (per SOE Live).
    Kaitheel and Feldon like this.
  5. Gorion Member

Going by the dragon AA trees, it would be safe to assume Trakanon and Dozekar will also be there. Would also be really cool to see Jaled'Dar and maybe Tarinax, though I forget what actually happened to Tarinax's soul. Probably Kerafyrm's Warders and the two dead Crusaders of Veeshan will be there and likely important to the story. Maybe also some other long dead dragons that had more mention in EQ1. There's really more dead dragons than alive ones at this point so there's plenty to choose from, depending on how obscure they want to go.
  6. Dragan Active Member

Reminds me of how I was looking for Vishra in the Ethernere after his demise.

BTW I wonder how Prismatic vs Prismatic would work out I'm wondering if Naggy's Kids might want to get into the action if they have hatched yet?
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Keep in mind that this is the area of Ethernere for all dragons and dragon kin. So, you can bet that there will be some memorable drakes, wyverns and droags also found within Vesspyr Isles, the Eternal Broodlands.

~Kaitheel
  8. Meirril Well-Known Member

Fresh hatchlings vs a dragon that is a few thousand years old? I don't think Naggy is ready to just throw his clutch away.

Also I'd suspect Vishra wouldn't be found in the Ethernere's equivalent of the Feerrot or Loping Plains. I'd guess either the Ocean of Tears, Qeynos or even Cobalt Scar.
  9. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Unless maybe Yelniak calls to him for council or assistance in getting Adventurers to the dragon afterlife. I would love to see/find out if the corrupted dragon bones in Cobalt Scar were form someone like say Zlandicar
  10. Ucala Well-Known Member

they say there are more Ethernere's, we just don't get to run around them all.
  11. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Isn't Jael Dar the spirit dragon in Field of Bone fighting the skellies?

If I remember lore, the mate was Harla Dar, who became the High Priestess of the Awakened because he promised her a means to speak to her dead mate and daughter, Pharla Dar. I never ran the KoS raiding timeline, it was before I began raiding so I'm not up on what happened to Harla. I know Pharla was in VP, a prisoner ifn I recall right, and is killed by the raid force. Maybe they'll be reunited finally.
  12. Dragan Active Member

Ohh Nice tidbit!
  13. Ucala Well-Known Member

they already confirmed Harla Dar and Pharla Dar for it :p so you are right they will be together
  14. Kaitheel Developer

Close! Fraka Dar was confirmed, not Phara.

~Kaitheel
    Krishtah likes this.
  15. Krishtah New Member

Can you comment on the art style of these dragons? Kit and I are looking forward to an "after life" feel rather than a reused model with some ethereal particles/effects. :)
  16. Dragan Active Member

Unless the Dragons start out as say level one have to choose a class (stay Quadruped learn to leap at 30 learn to glide at 60 and fly at 95) and have a few decorative jewelery and cloth pieces on they bodies in certain slots...
  17. Kaitheel Developer

The dragon art is very close to the ones you have witnessed on Norrath, just as the humanoid models you experienced in Obol Plains and Eidolon Jungle were very similar to their living incarnations, with an ethereal influence.

~Kaitheel
  18. Drakuz New Member

Excepted?
  19. Rainmare Well-Known Member

well it seems we get to see Woushi, Harla Dar, Frakka Dar, Yelniak, the 2 dead Crusaders, Vyemn that you can all see on the various islands. and there's of course any of the dragons that are in ToV...and there's an epic x4 contested dragon that looks like a horde corrupted storm dragon. there's another old friend who's hiding but you get to deal with him as well.
  20. Anaogi Well-Known Member

1) One of the non-dragon names mentioned earlier shows up...sort of.

2) Darathar remains a punk, even in Ethernere.