Dragon Attack!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Benito, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Thank you for the event! You only need to kill the 4 open world PQ dragons to get the dragon illusion.

Jann Magi comes in handy for dragon knockback.

A 26.3% status hackamore (Dragonsoul Hackamore of Status) is likely an ultra rare PQ reward from the dragons.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Kaitheel like this.
  2. KingDragon Active Member

Got dragonscale earlier, just 20.8% - would be super if they could fix it so the event stops crashing zones too. Maybe figure out why when there's more than 15 player characters in a 100meter radius their is serious lag too (not video lag).
    Soara2, Juraiya, Benito and 1 other person like this.
  3. Kittik Well-Known Member

He protec
    He attac
    but most importantly
    He eat gnome for a snac.
    Soara2, Pixistik, Benito and 2 others like this.
  4. Korochun Member

What happened with loot from dragons after the last patch? Most dragons i kill now give only useless merc equip-tons of it, much less mount equip and almost no mythicals. server Thurgadin.Bad loot kiils all the fun we get for killing dragons
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

I was just finishing up killing dragons, for the day, when both accounts got kicked to desktop. I'm not sure what happened, but at least I was just zoning into the guild house when the game crashed.

While there were a few bumps, today, there were no major problems which was a nice change, at least till the game crashed on me. With any lucky, I can finish up my last 6 characters, with the dragons, and go back to helping with puppets and doing the dragon crafting.

I really enjoyed the dragon event, when it worked, but every day had its problems that made me give up in disgust until today. But crashing when entering the guild hall is nothing new and I don't think I can blame that on the dragon event.

But I sure feel sorry for people wanting to do the puppets. Even though it was prime time, tonight, players still weren't able to get enough people interested in doing puppets due to the dragon event. I think most of my characters have killed all the puppets at least once, but it would still be nice to get the puppets done on a couple of my newer characters if enough people are finally tired of killing dragons.
    Soara2 and SynnikuL like this.
  6. Cragfire Well-Known Member

I wonder why people are crashing. I have helped kill the dragons at least 6 to 10 times a day since the event started and have not crashed once. Raid lag? Yup... But I just knocked down to high or extreme performance, turned off mounts, player names and over-head combat numbers that are not my own.. Default UI (set to blue).. Framerate is pretty good and smooth otherwise.

I'm on an old computer. i5 3570 (ivy core 3.4Ghz), 32GB memory, SSD (sata), and a geforce 760 2GB...
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

No idea. I have to assume it's their connection or computer. Absolutely no issues with either event.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  8. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

@gninja
    Soara2, Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  9. Almee Well-Known Member

Lately, my crashing to desktop, occurred going from the last dragon killed to the guild house It happened on about half my characters that I have played today. But many players have experienced crashes doing the dragons since the event started. And we have had zone crashes and dragons disappear mid-battle.

Some of these problems were caused by the players themselves. I've seen players with multiple non-fighting pets, ponies and gathering goblins, and one person even put up a huge gazebo over top of the dragon's circle which made fighting really interesting.

It may be that all the people, who have crashed, have recently used a popular social network or are using a certain browser. I found having Skype, running in the background, will cause crashes. But still, EQ2 is the only game I've played that regularly crashes for whatever reason. It seems strange that games like WoW and LoTR would run without problems while I normally get at least one boot to character select or desktop on a fairly regular basis--especially entering the guild house.
    Soara2 and SynnikuL like this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever seen a positive post from you. If WOW and LoTR works so well the why aren't you playing them instead of playing EQ2 which is very obvious you are not happy with. If you are not happy playing this game then don't play.
    Ecchoo, Soara2, Juraiya and 1 other person like this.
  11. SynnikuL Active Member

I've had this problem consistently. At first my game client kept crashing during the dragon fights. Finally I began zooming into first person view and looking at ground. I could get thru the fight w/o crash, but as soon as i called to guild hall it would crash.

I've played a few days since then without doing dragon fights and had no issues, even when calling to guild hall. It's like once I do a dragon fight though, I'm doomed to crash as soon as I try to enter my guild hall.
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Cragfire Well-Known Member

Two very rare causes of EQ2 crashing...

-- Memory of the computer running in single channel mode and not dual channel. This happened to someone back when Odus was released. Got their memory paired properly and utilizing dual channel. Crashes stopped. never crashed before that Pack, but this solved the issue. Something changed in memory management of the game is my only guess.

-- The windows page file was utilizing a section of the hard drive that has a bad sector on it. This was extremely difficult to pin-point and find as an issue as that particular (exacting) sector could only be accessed rarely. Solution was to turn off the page file completely. Restart. Run software like ScanDisk to find and mark the bad sector.. DeFrag the drive (though different now with solid state drives), Restart again for good measure. Turn the Page File back on and set it to a size; say 1GB (min and max). Crashing stopped.

The take a way... Run diagnostics on your drive and your memory and make sure your memory is in dual channel mode. You can check memory mode by using the tiny program CPUz.
    Dude, Breanna and Juraiya like this.