Down with lvl cap increase(for next expantion)

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-lazarus104, May 12, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Asif Guest

Diknak@Butcherblock wrote:
    Why should everyone HAVE to roll an alt some of us dont want to play other toons and have been sitting at max lvl,aa,crafting,and tinkering !!!
    Get to that point then come back and tell me we dont need more lvls, if all you have left is better gear and stuff running the same zones over and over gets boring.
  2. ARCHIVED-Alfgand Guest

No level increase on the next expansion? Think a bit about that.
    SoE is now doing expansions once a year. Rok came out in the fall of 2007, the next expansion will be in the fall 2008. So no level increase in the fall of 2008. That means the next chance for another level increase would be fall of 2009.
    That would be two years without a level increase. Thats a tad harsh.
    This expansion should raise the cap to 90. Once a year the level cap should be increased by 10. Its not that hard to get 10 levels.
    They should introduce new 80 to 90 zones with plenty of solo content. They have the technique for solo content down pat now. RoK was very good.
    The new 80 to 90 zones should have more group content than RoK, more standard raids than RoK. They should have some good sized raid zones that scale from 2 group to 3 group raids. (I know that may be hard and if they do it would probably take allot of adjustment)
    Levels 1 to 40 content is pretty good. They should work on revamping old zones from 40 to 70 and introducing some new zones in this range. This could be done in the expansion and also as part of free content spread out throught the year.
    New heritage quests need to be sprinkled through out where needed the most.
    They should also should as some have mentioned, spice up all the levels with fun things. Fun spells were great but they were kind of dropped since they got so many complaints from people being petty. A huge outcry since Paladins and SK's got a fast (at the time) horse, so they nerfed that. Defilers complained about the look of their Sinister Countenance spell and so on. Its too bad because fun spells were, well they were fun. Anyhow, more fun things would be cool. The Sarnak dance is cool. More emotes would be cool. Animating mounting the of your mount, as others have said, would be cool. A bunch of little things adds fresh air to the game.
    Overall things seems to be on the right track. SoE has some nagging class balance issues that really need fixing and they can improve things if they want. My Coercer is much happier than he was 6 months ago. We are not 100 percent happy but a huge improvement was made. Now fix the other classes with serious issues.
    (Pet peeve follows)
    The most important thing they could do is revamp fishing. ( Before someone flames, I really am not saying this is the most important thing to fix)
    Fishing is a total joke in EQ2. Fishing was fun in EQ1 with special gear and different types of fish you could catch in different zones. You could take a bite out of the fish right on the spot and the game would emote out: "Svenghali has taken a bite of Hound Fish"
    SWG in the beginning had a great very detailed fishing system. It was allot of fun.
    The funny thing is I don't fish in RL. lol
  3. ARCHIVED-Cynzielle Guest

Now this thread was a good read! ^_^

Editedmind wrote:
    I think that too honestly. I hope there will be something for everyone in the next expansion, I'm not rooting for a level cap but I can understand why many would. Lots of group content and raids, though I myself hate raids, would be really nice to even things around a bit. I don't want new starting zones either or a new race for some time! o.o I do however would like to see more good aligned housing.... No Kunark housing does NOT count as you have to betray. Something between Neriak and Maj'Dul, new housing, quests but not a new starting zone. And these houses need windows with light coming through like in Queynos!!!

I think I need to find the thread about housing.... ^_^;;

I agree with everyone that stated we need more fun content! However people have different ideas about what's fun... lol. I don't mind if the focus of Odyssey is largely group oriented but add a bit of fluff too and you'll make everyone want to buy it. If it's all just group and raids and aimed level 80's I won't be getting it until I get to 80 and in a guild that raids.....
  4. ARCHIVED-DragonMaster2385 Guest

Well, they wouldn't make the expansion for just level 80 players; maybe 65-80 though. I think if they go that route, they will add some kind of fluff for the lower levels to boost the sales of the xpansion pack
  5. ARCHIVED-Shadow_Viper Guest

I too share the opinion that the next expansion SHOULD NOT increase the level cap. Keep the level cap at 80, just give us new content and such, like what EoF was.
    And I plan to /feedback about it each and every day.
  6. ARCHIVED-Sinister Guest

what i would like to see in the next expansion would be some kind of secondary adventurer class.
    something like tinkering or transmuting. but a little different.

why not introduce secondary classes like fighter, mage, priest, scout.
    if you are a fighter already you would not be able to select fighter as your secondary class.
    since we dont want these secondary classes to be too strong we would take 6 spell lines (1 from each class in the archetype) and add those as spells for the new secondary class.
    those spells will be granted automaticly when you got to a certain level. you would get an upgrade to all spells in each tier. so you would get 6 spells per tier.
    an idea would be at level 1 3 5 7 9 10, 11 13 15 17 19 20, ... 71 73 75 77 79 80
    those spells would always be adept 1 so they are not on par with players that got adept 3 versions of the spells.
    non of the spells would be the most important spells of the classes but they should be nice and useful.
    and idea would be fortify of the guard. a short duration defensive buff for himselfa nd his grp.
    if any of these spells would use up a concentration slot normally it wont use one in the secondary class version.

to get exp we would use normal adventure exp. you would be able to decide how you wish your exp to be ditributed. 50% to first class and 50% to secondary or 100% first class and 0% to secondary or 0% to first class and 100% to secondary class. that would make it of course easier to level the secondary class to high level players. since they could direct 100% of adventure exp to go into their secondary class. still 80 levels will take some time.

you should be able to change your secondary class at any time (just like tinkering and transmuting) but you would have to start all overa gain.
    you can start your secondary class at level 1 so you can level them up at the same time when selection the 50% split.

this would actully double the time you need to level up a new char if you start from scratch and select the 50% split. and it would increase the leveling for chars that are already at the maximum.