Double Attack, Melee Crit, or DPS

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Thunndar316, Feb 20, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Just wondering what everyone thinks is the best stat for more DPS. Currently I am around 40% Melee Crit and 32% Double Attack.
    Which one is more important?
  2. ARCHIVED-Shinjun Guest

On my swash i tend to worry more on Melee crit then Dps adornments and such ... good for the auto attacks then i work up the Dbl attack... i have about 55 mc 45-72 (str ring) Dps and 14-26 Dbl attck(chest item) and my auto attack hits around the 1700-2kish .....
  3. ARCHIVED-Anfauglith Guest

When you choose an item the rule to follow is more or less 2 melee crit = 3 double attack...so melee crit is the best to build as high as you can.
    Once you get to 55-70% melee crit (depending on if you do easy raids or just keep with groups) you'll start reach a point where getting more melee crit is nearly impossible and at that point building additional DA without loosing crit will become very potent.
    Even more as with the dauntless bp and the ethernaut earring/neck you can get some nice procs for DA.
    Right now I'd say you have focused too much on your DA. If you can gain 15 or so MC by loosing 20DA you'll gain overall.

Edit: And as stated by shinjun. Unless you have some very powerfull item to replace it, the mastercrafted str ring is a must.
  4. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Yeah I don't have hardly any Fabled. I raid but I am in a DKP based alliance and I'm new so anything good drops and I am immediately outbid. Basicly I get nothing other than masters and mythical updates.
    Anyway, I will try to get my crit higher. Thanks.
  5. ARCHIVED-OutcastBlade Guest

I still only have one TSO set piece and I won the first pattern ever looted by my guild. I bid on great items but always get outbid on set pieces. Solution for me? Raid more, and dont bid on anything else. Eventually you will be at the top of the DKP chain.

MC is more important. If you're raiding you're going to get Battle Cry or IA, and you're going to get adorns and pots for DA. At the moment I get 98% MC and 70% DA with dirge buffs. Thats from 88% MC unbuffed and 45% DA unbuffed or something like that. When you start getting TSO set pieces you'll get a proc with the 4 piece that adds 10% DA whenever you use Bedazzling Steel for that CA's duration. In other words the buffs and procs for DA are more profound with the right gear and the right buffs.
    So lets looks at my numbers.
    45% + Fortissimo(10%) + Battle Cry(15%) + adorns and pot(10%) = 80% DA + proc from TSO 4 set or VP 6 set = 90% DA
    And most swashies have it even higher than that.
    Now lets look at crit....... I only get 10% crit boost from a dirge... Big difference. So get that crit up there.
  6. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

I got my crit up around 60% unbuffed with around 30% DA. I finally got a good fabled offhand, Sabre of Death Dealing. Last night I was topping the raid parse with a high of 7300 DPS.
    I'm working on switching out more DA for MC but it just takes time for those certain drops.