doubel attacks and procing

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-MXGinge, Apr 3, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-MXGinge Guest

okay i couldnt find this but i hope someone can answer it.

im thinking about specing sta line which i know is good spec and i know does hurt your dps a bit, but i am curious if i get the poison in the agi tree, our disease proc song, and from tso the intoxicating notes. can those proc off of a second swing from a double attack proc?
  2. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

MXGinge wrote:
    Ok first I fixed a lil mistake in there and bolded it for ya. Secondly I think it can, but more importnaly you can DA off of a missed hit and hit with the DA.

EDIT-----
    Or the DA could work the same as other things and if the orginal hit that tiggered the DA proced/crited then the DA will as well
  3. ARCHIVED-MXGinge Guest

i appreciate the reply but how does it not hurt dps?
  4. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Because DA will work off of both hands and you can DA a miss therefore youre hitting the mob more with auto-attack. When you get higher in the levels auto-attack will start to become 50% + of your DPS add in our epic wich allows us to hit for max damage on all melee attacks and you see why you want to his as many times as you can with a melee attack.

The ONLY way it can hurt your DPS is if you are using a shield when you should be DW.

VERY ROUGHLY:
    IF you have 2 weapons and the second weapons DR is ~16% less then the 1st go with a shield, ELSE DW.
  5. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

thats very roughly indeed:)