Doppleganger = Junk

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-Rykal, Nov 20, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Rykal Guest

I am very disapointed in the level 80 illusionist spell.

This spell is over all worthless, outside of the normal abilities of our class, and severely under powered in comparison to the other classes level 80 spells.

It is a cheap knock off a junk and buggy aa ability and this has carried over to this spell.

If you are that hard up for ideas that you have to repeat abilities we have and copy other classes abilities then use these
    Mental Barrier = Blocks AoE on group, Stuns caster, 10 seconds
    or make Doppleganger summon a controlable pet of your target, then just make the pet summoned by class type... fighter, scout, healer, mage.
  2. ARCHIVED-LivelyHound Guest

Couldn't agree more. Have finally got hold of our new class defining spell Doppeeganger, what can I say... well i /feedback'd for once as I was so disappointed.
    My feedback in a nutshell was..
    What is the point to our new spell... doppelganger
    It intercepts some damage for our target...
    Use in solo play... had a few possibilities as a last resort until I read "If proffesion other than illusionist" It had better still work on our pet, I thought. Well it doesn't so solo use there is none, you cant cast it. Can't even try out our new spell when we get it, have to wait for our first group.
    Use in grp play... none if the tank is dying that much that the group healer cant save the tank then this spell aint going to help. Far better to cast a fast cast mes or stun. Same if someone else is dying from an add etc...
    Use in raid play... dont make me laugh, will stop at max 1 hit from an epic, waste of mana and casting time.
    Class defining spells such as these should have some use. New wizard spell can hit in a raid mage grp for 24K every 2 mins @ adept III . That's useful. In a group will hit for 4-12K depending on grp setup... useful. 4K extra is a lot on most mobs in solo play.... useful. That's just one comparison... Warden gets a heal pet, that will heal any badly hurt member of grp... will keep u alive in solo play... will keep everyone alive whilst concentrating on tank healing in grp play, same for raid play.... useful!
    Doppelganger.... is almost identical to our aa ability Split Personality, which nobody in their right mind would ever choose cos it plain sucks. Now we get another useless so called illusion. Thanks. Please change this so it is at least helpful.
    An intercept for a mage class... ugh.... whatever. This looks like lazy implementation and thought, lets just tweak that ability in the aa tree and call it new. But instead of gaining agro it can take damage. So far in testing it my friend has yet to see the graphic, its up so little time, against a lvl 68 mob!?!,
    There is nothing recorded in the combat logs to say how much damage was intercepted or even if any was at all. Cant even tell if the spell is working. Cant use it in solo cant test it in duo...
    Waste of time and of mana, and really needs to be looked at. Having been hardly able to test it well I have final thought has this spell got an agro element. Bacause are we going to gain healing agro like a warden/templar...
    As mentioned there are lots of other ideas that could have been given to us instead, as indicated by op or they coul have made this useful, if the amage blocked was at least significat say app iv blocks 2K adept iii blocks 4K master 1 blocks 6K... essentially a ward I know but 1 hit every 5mins sucks.
    My 2 cents...
    // Rant off
    /// Not bitter much
  3. ARCHIVED-Slackerx Guest

I dont think this spell is total junk...is it a super powered lvl 80 spell, nope but it has its uses..
    we just started raiding the new content this last weekend and with the new mobs hitting as hard as they do the dmg intersept helps out when the tank gets low on health.

other then that is it margenaly usefull in instance groups for the same reason but i have yet to use it whal soloing.
    I see this spell as the dervs attept to give us illusions that are more then just fluf spells and that alone makes me happy. that means the dervs have seen all the complaining and are at leaste attempting to make the illusionist comunity happy.
    And you never know this could lead to other illusion spells that will be more usefull and like i said i think this spell has its uses
    Dulamar
    80 Illusionst
    Lucan/Forsaken
  4. ARCHIVED-herzhaft Guest

I played around with this spell in sinking sands with our ot, tried to parse this spell. Checked all logfile messages - nothing. No message like: %t ´s doppelganger intercept xx points of damage. What´s wrong? I only find a message like: doppelganger inflicts xx points of mental damage on target. lol Is this spell still bugged?

and btw:

nobody needs a pet intercept you can only cast on nonillusionists and only in combat. Even when you could cast it on yourself precombat - nobody wants it.

We already have so much useless spells, half of our spells i do not cast during raid (like 2 memwipes, spellshield, mezzes) - so pls - give us something else instead of doppelganger.

Illus needs AoE, aggrotransfer, or maybe some tools for grouping/soloing like runspeed, portability, everything else will be better then doppelganger
  5. ARCHIVED-Iseabeil Guest

Slackerx wrote:
    You cant use it at all when soloing. You are an illusionist and so is your pet, doppelganger cant be used on an illusionist. As for any other use, I tried it on a ranger versus a one up solo mob, it died within like 2 seconds. It dies faster then me o_O
  6. ARCHIVED-Kahna Guest

The couple of time that I have gotten this spell to work in groups it hasn't been that bad. with many named immune to our control spells (which is a whole nother issue) it is nice to be able to limit incoming dmg on the tank. The biggest problem is that even when all the requirements are met it still only works about 25% of the time, the rest of the time nothing happens. If the spell was fixed so that it worked 100% of the time I wouldn't mind it at all. The pet can actually soak a decent bit of dmg. Think it was a couple thousand in the 5 or 6 hits he soaked. Nothing a raid mob would sneeze at, but I only have an app4. (not spending money on a broken spell)
  7. ARCHIVED-r34lity Guest

The german spell discription says that we can use one spell or ability (depending on the class) of anyone we cast this useless spell on... Has anyone found out yet how this works?
  8. ARCHIVED-Efoy Guest

The spell changes with the LU41 :
    * Doppleganger - The pet will now mitigate damage which should make it last longer in raid situations.
    I hope it will change something ...
  9. ARCHIVED-Mihos Guest

Even if it lasts 3x as long, it is still worthless.
  10. ARCHIVED-Agaxix Guest

If they want to improve this spell without completely scrapping it, my suggestion would be:

Make it a clone of whoever you target it on.

Provide zero defensive capability, but basically clone the target for 30 seconds, copying their DR/delay on their current weapons, but providing no CA's/poisons or double attack/haste/dps buffs.

If they wanted to be really cool it could lower the hate with the target, so we'd macro this to a high dps DW scout.

Some might say overpowered, I say not, the thing is on a 5 minute recast and a 30 second duration is hardly overpowered. The sorcerer level 80's are great and currently ours is at the bottom of the charts in terms of usefulness. Most other classes have VERY useful level 80 spells as well.

agressiv
  11. ARCHIVED-Cohann Guest

The german description says that if you cast Doppelganger that you will become a clone of your target for a short while and can make use of one of his spells.

At the beginning this spell really worked this way but was bugged somehow. Although it was possible to steal 20k hits from a ranger or smthg. Instead of adjusting or fixing this interestning spell they decided to make it useless. We got a ******* useless heal we cannot even use for ourselves.

And DON'T say this spell is usefull because it is absolutely not if you compare it with spells other classes got. I mean wizzis got some kind of DD that deals 30 - 45k dmg in a raid grp every two minutes.

If Doppelganger has to save your raid or grp, u suck. It's useless, not even in my hotbar. THX SOE!
  12. ARCHIVED-kamieldehond Guest

I think the wizards Rays of Disintegration is crap to. Dont know the cast time and dmg exacly from the spell but i for sure can do more dmg with my own spells. 2nd it interrupts owr spell that we are casting so we will lose the spell cast reduction and this will lower owr dps even more. Also it can interrupt a important spell that you are casting. think of mezz/root/cure/doppleganger :p or something like that
  13. ARCHIVED-Emperors Guest

kamieldehond wrote:
    With our temp int buff going off before the wizzy uses their spell you can get a 8k hit for every mage in the group. That's not bad. Also, if you don't want to cast it, just move away from the wizzy. There is a small radius that you must be in to be able to be forced to cast the nuke.
  14. ARCHIVED-Priam Pendragon Guest

From my experience raiding, even after the supposed mitigation change:
    It's still junk.
  15. ARCHIVED-Mihos Guest

kamieldehond wrote:
    listing mez/root/and doppleganger as important spells made my laugh a little.... you forgot anull magic and illusion:human!
  16. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

bump... has this changed any or still worthless?
  17. ARCHIVED-Elizadeth Guest

It's more worthless than ever now.
    In order to even have some shred of usefulness, the tank has to be in trouble, but not a lot of trouble. There's a very, very thin line in between there where you can still 'help' given the cast time of the spell (basically, if the tank needs help that badly, he's gonna be dead before the spell gets off anyway). If you do happen to use it within that timeframe, it'll basically absorb one hit from a raid mob which could be helpful, I suppose. Whee.
  18. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

well I'm not really thinking raids. Group/BG?
  19. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Brigh wrote:
    It has been useless since it was put in in RoK.

In fact, it's so useless, people who have no idea how to play the class and do like <15k dps don't cast it either.
  20. ARCHIVED-dubbs Guest

One of our most useless spells, and we get a red focus adornment for it, while coercers get an adorn that grants +15% cast speed to Breeze (Mana Spell)