Dont overpay for Vanguard!

Discussion in 'Inquisitor' started by ARCHIVED-Pezebaunk, Nov 25, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Pezebaunk Guest

Yeah, didnt realize that East Freeport sells the same crap for about 40% of the cost in newbie zones. If your like me, as soon as I dinged 20 I ran my little butt to the armsdealer to spend all the money I saved up to upgrade my armor, only to later realize that shortly after turning 20 you start to get awesome armor quests. If you have to uprgarde, (as I did) buy your stuff in East Freeport. That is all. -pez
  2. ARCHIVED-INSANEPOOKIE Guest

Thanks for the information but I still haven't bought one scrap of armor and i'm level 21. I do lack pants and others have made comments numerous times.
  3. ARCHIVED-Verna Guest

What!! no pants?!!! Shame on you!
  4. ARCHIVED-Walkka Guest

No pants?

I think you need to speak to Zaza in Longshadow Alley...
  5. ARCHIVED-Shecklan Guest

if you're smart you'll only buy the breastplate and pants anyway, and quest the rest of your amour. The pants are part 5 and the breastplate part 6 so it'll take you awhile to get there. Talk to the guy in East Freeport in the arrow shop if ya didnt know already. Dont waste your money on the heavy armour PERIOD :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Drasilo Guest

thanks for the info:)
  7. ARCHIVED-Scilin Guest

heh i wore acolyte pants till 24 and the cleric dismal rage vest till then also as healers we dont really need to keep our armor up to date unless your a solo priest, but as far as helmets go on the otherhand buy one of those since we cant quest it im kinda partial to the steel plated helm that drops off crab groups in nektulos (4 wis 4 int helm) so you might wanna spend alot of time killing crabs while doing the quests
  8. ARCHIVED-Zulu Majors Guest

The FG access quest gives a pretty good heavy armor helmet as one of the choices. I did the quest before 20, but just banked the helmet until I could use it. I don't have the stats in front of me right now, but it's comparable to the armor quest gear.
  9. ARCHIVED-Vazzago Guest

I bought a full set of the best stuff I could find. Still have almost a plat, since it only cost me around 10 gold.
  10. ARCHIVED-Luxington Guest

What you are failing to realize is that this armor sells back when your done with it within 10sp of cost.. for the benefits it gives you why would you walk around in light armor. Holding out for armor quests. Helps soloing and looks great.
  11. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

At L23 I've bought 1 piece of armor from a player. Thats it.
    The L20 Quest armor is superior ti anything store bought.

Not I'm sitting on 5 gold saved up so far.

As for the guy who has a plat saved at L20? BS, a plat by L20 would take days for you and a guild to farm. Maybe you're confusing this with EQ1.
  12. ARCHIVED-Shecklan Guest

yeah, about that plat, agreed. And the full set of armour is under 2 gold, nowhere near 10 gold.
  13. ARCHIVED-Isiana Guest

I bought a half full set of Vanguard, and I'm replacing it as the armor quest parts are rolling in, well worth it
  14. ARCHIVED-z-layrex Guest

Yeah that's what i'm doing too.
  15. ARCHIVED-Loupe Guest

This may sound stupid, but Vanguard armor is under the "Heavy Armor" category correct?

Meaning it isn't called Vanguard when I go to look for some right?

Where can I buy in Freeport and what is the average cost for a set?
  16. ARCHIVED-Mortainious Guest

Listen folks just go to east free port when you hit 20 and get your slef a full suit of vangurd from the armor shop , shoulndt cost more then 2 gold or so, then do your armor quests wich can be got from the flecther shop in the same squar in east free port, as you get the new armor sell the old and all in all your out what 60 silver? small price to pay for being very effective, looking awsome and others will pick you over other healers just from the look of some one who is willing to work to have the best gear.

the quests them self have neat quest drops buy the mobs and are actually worth very nice xp so as you can easly lvl for each peice you get . not only that but you get sweet looking black armor that has stats to die for that will easyly last you till lvl 30. not to mention you will be perceived as a pro becase you have all your armor from the quest, it shows dedication , wich is a requirment in this temple Heritic :robotmad:
  17. ARCHIVED-Loupe Guest

How do you get 2 gold?

LOL

I think I've had 2 gold my ENTIRE life ingame so far. (Lvl 20 now) That has been spent on keeping my spells upgraded.
  18. ARCHIVED-Isiana Guest

I have 12 gold or so, and i've done no artisan what so ever (22)
  19. ARCHIVED-Mortainious Guest

How did I get to gold?

easy i save and sell the right items do rewarding quests and learned crafting early, the crafting tasks where you are to make 10 items or so pay out extreamly well . the first one i did was like a 48 silver pay out for like 30 min of work , i also leveld off crafting all ten since i build evey thing from the groud up . however you must be at least a 10th lvl crafter and had slected a calss of craft to get into this area to the quest. you may do these over and over and there great xp and a nice way to build up your lvl 10 and under skills on other areas other then your specialty . i have a high cooking now becase i get the sunfish sandwich one alot , wich is nice because it alows me to craft my own food that it MUCH more effective then the summoned holy food .

i my self have all my spells app3 or adept 1 , mind you it helps that i am in the wealthyest guild on Nektulos = P( chaoticlegion.org ) but thats becase we buy and sell smart and we all craft as well. we dont buy anything from outsiders only each other so we keep the money in the guild. if you dont happen to know crafters who can make all your spells at cost i suggest you atempt to meet one or two as geting in good with fellow crafters is realy the best way to make money at low lvls . long as your harvesting skils are high enough you can Make decent change for supplys you can grab while out lvling .

another thing you can do for more cash is go to speacial instanced zones like the traingin grounds our blood skull valley etc. as the loot there is realy nice a worth quite a bit. mind for this you need a good group or 2 but its worth it if you can get it done, plus as you lvl you will find there are things that begian to drop stuff worth 5 to six gold consostantly so money realy wont be an issue as you progress later on .

If non of the these methods work for you ....you deserve to waist away in obscurity infidel :robotmad:
  20. ARCHIVED-Robbpilot Guest

At this point, there is some nice player made vanguard coming into the market, some of which is reasonably priced. The stats on this rival the quest armor, and don't require attunement... meaning they will have resale value. This is something the quest advocates haven't really factored into their equations in my opinion. The quest armor is throw-away after outgrown.

If you have the money now, buy the best player made vanguard you can and fill in the gaps with the east freeport gear. If you do the armor quests, sell the pieces without attuning them, or just skip the quests and go for XP instead.

The bottom line, is you really don't hurt yourself financially by buying the armor now vs. questing... if you have the money to spend that is.

If you have a dedicated group (because the armor quests are not soloable) you can get the quest armor fairly quickly and save some money up front, but you'll be questing tough mobs in inferior armor. If you solo a lot and have trouble getting into groups with your play schedule, the armor quests will be difficult to finish in a timely fashion.