Donating stuff

Discussion in 'Testers Only' started by ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina, Aug 23, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Hello,
    As you might know, the European players will soon have to create an account with the infamous reputation company "Prosieben Sat 1" or quit playing EQ2 (transition should have been between the 20th july and 20th august). I'll quit. Hubby being Station Access will stay for a while and I'll probably chat from EQ.
    I currently have 5 Colossal Reactant on Test to give. I can craftever you need with them and send it to you.
    I also have a bunch of house items and some collectibles but haven't made a list so far. I'll start selling stuff on the broker soon(tm) and open up houses for display for you to ask for whatever you like.

I'll really miss you all :(
  2. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

*hugs Whil* =\
  3. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

You will be missed:( Leave your decorated stuff up on leaderboards for people to enjoy and bring back fond memories. Nothing ever seems written in stone, so maybe one day you will return.
    HUGS
  4. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Of course I'll leave my houses on leaderboards! I've already made trustee a char on hubby's account to retain access and if anybody wants a trustee access for those that need paying (leucosia's house and house of events), just ask.

House item wise, I have 3 Mistmoore Crag Estates in Qeynos:
    • Elerrina : crafting stations, supply depots to plunder and random house items
    • Yavannamire : live events/holidays stuff (if you need me to drop some blue trees and such no-trade stuff in a house, give me trustee access to your house and call out)
    • Ludahnya : live events tiles
    Storage Dungeons :
    • Blanchette - Lair of Scale 4 - "Donjon - Evil" : Freeport, Gorowyn and Neriak City Festival Stuff (+ some freeport quest rewards)
    • Blanchette - Lair of Scale 4 - "Donjon - Good" : Qeynos, Halas and Kelethin City Festival Stuff
    • Leucosia - Lair of Scale 4 - "Frostfell Warehouse" : Frostfell Stuff
    • Leucosia - Lair of Scale 4 - "Tinkerfest Warehouse" : Tinkerfest Stuff

I'm still sorting everything out. It's a pain.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cuora Guest

((hugs)) Whil! :( Gosh you will be missed! Like Cloud says, nothing is written in stone. Maybe if this flops, it will all go back and you can return. Let me know if I can do anything for you.
  6. ARCHIVED-Eshaac Guest

Wow, Whil you will be missed! If there is anything Eshaac can do on test or Splitpaw if you have toons there let me know. No problem paying upkeeps for you if you wish.. Anything I can do just give me a yell!
    Eshaac
  7. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

Take these, Whil! At least your journey elsewhere will be briefly sweet.
    [IMG]
    P.S. You only get the three shown, I ate the other nine. :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Purr Guest

I can only second, third, forth etc. Cloud on this. Keep things ready for your return - one never knows!
    /hugs with extra fine fur topping and crossed paws, toes and whiskers
    I will sooo miss you. Keep looking out for pm's
    PS: Heard from a friend that EQ1 will follow suit to pro7 soon [TM] - don't even want to think about it.
  9. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

You'll still come to forums and talk to us? I've found you to be very helpful and knowledgeable and will miss your presence if you don't come and post.
  10. ARCHIVED-Skeez1e Guest

Echo echo.
    Don't get rid of your stuff. Think back at all the things that were never going to happen. Besides, at the rate of change - maybe it'll be ProSieben that ends up taking us all over!
  11. ARCHIVED-Kuulei Guest

well the dates you posted have come and gone, before you even posted them. I am kind of lost. I know it was put on hold and when they decide to do the transition, Brasse said you'll get a new notice.
    Sorry you're pulling the plug early Whil.
    Seems silly to try and give stuff away. I sure didn't when I left any other game I played. You're just torturing yourself!
    Do try and keep in touch.
  12. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

I'm not stopping just "now". I'll wait for the game to shut me off first.
    When I decided to post the message, the last update from Brasse wasn't in and we were late compared to the dates given, which basically meant I could start my launcher one day and find out that I cannot log in anymore. Now, at least, I know I have some time left.
    When the transition comes though, I'll quit. I have another game to try next year anyway, The Elder Scrolls Online. Hubby will play it and I'll follow... And I doubt I'll come back. I'll keep a bit of cash, a bit of stuff, but I won't need stuff like Colossal Reactant and if some house items and ressources can be usefull to some, I'll gladly give them away or leave them for plundering ;p

Anyway, thanks everybody for your great messages. I love you all !
    *mange une mignardise* Thanks Liz!
  13. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

Whilhelmina@Storms wrote:
    You'll always be the person that taught me that!
  14. ARCHIVED-RandomWalk Guest

I will miss you Whil - your sense of humour and patience in channels and fantastic decorating skills
    You obviously have loved this game - your super tradeskill guide (which I have managed to read some of with my schoolgirl French haha) and the fact that you have carried on testing the new content when you have decided not to take up the *opportunity* to transfer to PSS1 when the time comes. I salute you for that. Norrath will be a poorer place without you - I wish you all the very best in your adventures in whichever realms you find yourself in!
    {hugs}
    Aeriel
  15. ARCHIVED-Bhagpuss Guest

Sorry to see you go Whilhelmina. I can understand entirely why you'd not want to give payment details to PSS1 - I won't be doing that either - but could you not just carry on with a F2P account instead? I made an Allaplaya account to play Argo and it asked for virtually no information at all.
    Between now and whenever the Elder Sccrolls MMO comes out I reccommend Rift (especially with the upcoming housing update), WildStar when it arrives (also with some very interesting housing options) and of course Guild Wars 2.
    When all's said and done, SOE would have been struggling to keep my business other than for EQNExt in any event. The PSS1 thing just makes it easier to leave without a backward glance.
  16. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

I'm not sure SOE will ever fully know just how much Whilhelmina has contributed to the EQ2 player community not just in Europe (particularly France) but for all of us.
    She spent hundreds if not thousands of hours testing EQ2 content on the Test server and also reporting numerous typos and mistranslations on the French server. I remember when I approached Whilhelmina during Velious Beta and she was so gracious in letting me build upon her Beastlord Guide. We also cooperated in her providing French versions of the Velious Armor Guide, Adornment Calculator, etc.
    In today's world of drive by entertainment, pay-to-win, and MMO tourism, the odds that we'll find another player even 1/10th as dedicated to helping others as Whilhelmina was seem slim.
  17. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Very much truth. Whilhelmina is so thorough with everything she does, not to mention a very helpful and caring individual. I am glad that the PSS1 deal is delayed some since that will keep her around a bit long. *hugs Whil*
  18. ARCHIVED-Soresha Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Well written and so true.
    When the time comes you will indeed be missed, Whil. For all your contributions to the Test community, including your sense of humour.
    Hail Dialog!
  19. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

/blushes
    Some of you are as dedicated as I am. Soresja, for example. Who created one topic for every single Freeport quest to unbug them all heh?
    Who fell from the sky all the time during Withered Lands testing?
    [IMG]
    ;p

On the "donating stuff part", I put to sale today all my collection items and random stuffs. A lot of it went away already.
    Stuff to sale can be found on Leucosia, Blanchette and Yavannamire (that one is for erollisi candies that I had forgotten).
    All my storage houses and dungeons can be plundered. You can ask access to Calling (Cloudrat) and Danockh (Eldann on this board, Opusbelli/Eldann on Storms, Vydania on Permafrost).
    Houses to plunder:
    • Elerrina, Qeynos MCE: random house items, crafting stations, supply depots (raws of all tier, 200+ of all frostfell ingredients, other events raws, rares).
      no-trade house items are all crated
    • Yavannamire, Qeynos MCE: event stuff. A lot of those are no-trade, so be wary. I won't crate them for the sake of sorting stuff for you!
    • Ludahnya, Qeynos MCE: even tiles
    • Leucosia, Qeynos Lavastorm portal: some T10 rare crafts and some moolight tiles (not much)
    Storage dungeons to plunder:
    • Leucosia - Tinkerfest warehouse (Crush 5): tinkerfest gears
    • Leucosia - Frostfell warehouse (crush 5): frostfell stuff (crafted or not. some no-trade quest rewards there)
    • Blanchette - Donjon - good (lair 4): city festival goodie stuff (no glacial building blocks. remember signs are no trade)
    • Blanchette - Donjon - evil (lair 4): city festival evil stuff (missing part of goro building blocks. remember signs are no trade)
    Don't forget to ask me for No-trade stuff before I leave!

I also own a private guild, Ka Tet of Honour (it was a tribute guild from Oasis created by a random stranger I helped and where I remained sole member. i asked SoE for the lead and went through the voting process). It's level 34, guild bank is empty. I don't own a guild hall but can buy one for you and put my status in escrow if you want your own private guild hall. Just send a tell or ask if I'm around on test chat so that I can give you the keys.

Here we are. Back to play Skyrim a bit.

And don't forget:
    HAIL DIALOG!
    HAIL-NOT-RACE DIALOG!
    DO SOME STUFF!