DoM -- questions raise the dmg ?

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Daladfar, Jun 24, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Daladfar Guest

Question is and im probably going to get flamed for it but owell -- What stat, modifier, or ability raises the dmg of DoM for us and brigs ? Im talking about stand alone in front of a dummy cuz i know group makeup and raid groups changes it but what im after is stand alone stat so i can focus on increasing its dmg myself so it will be higher in groups or raids. I know how to play the class hands on but im not a person that can understand the mathematical mechanics of so much of this stat = this stat kinda stuff yea dumb of me i know but im tired of doing only 17k-20k on fights in our raids my guild is looking down on me saying wow ur dps is low for a swash
    I use the same exact weapons and ca's when using it and the dmg varies from 25k-36k -- so what gear is proc'ing something that is increasing its dmg i dont know -- ive read other swashy's replies and they say there DoM is hitting for like 75k ? Im in a raiding guild have basically all the "scout" gear with red adornments on em the zones have to offer.
    Stand alone stats are :
    Mcrit - 127%
    CritBonus - 33.8%
    Potency - 53.1%
    AbilityMod - 1153
    DblAtt - 99.7%
    DpsMod - 29.1% ( this is low cuz of the gear that has our dps stat is mainly directed at tanks)
    Hst - 45.6%
    Gear :
    Borrow Flame Rapier - Rapier of Rigourous Striking - Threadcutter - Sublime Blade -- then 5 out of 7 pieces of "scout" gear from the SoF raid zones all red adornded -- jewerly is the same fabled from SoF zones
  2. ARCHIVED-BlueX Guest

I'm not sure, but I think crit bonus / potency has a lot to do with it. My best DoM numbers (~48-54k last hit) were when I had a dirge/BC (maybe an Illy too), and I could drop most of my normal (DA) jewelry for bonus/potency gear and still have 100% crit/da. I think both bonus and potency were probably in the low 50s or 60s, but can't remember for sure. And believe me, my swash is not geared nearly as well as what you describe. No raid gear yet, using enervated myth and SH quest offhand.
    I keep a set of extra jewelry with bonus/potency, and then swap it out as needed when I am over-capped on crit/da. I end up doing a lot of gear-swapping before/during raids and groups to find the right stat balance.
    If you have completed the SH quest timeline, you can buy from faction vendors (at least until you collect better): a belt, 2 earrings, 2 rings, 2 charms, and a bracelet, each with 2.3 bonus/potency on it. Some of that gear is for fighters (Str/Sta attributes), but losing a little agi might still be worth the 2.3 bonus and potency.
  3. ARCHIVED-1235 Guest

the 2 biggest stats that will increase DoM is, as Xerg said, Potency and Crit Bonus. Potency will inrease the base damage of all CA's not just DoM and Crit Bonus will increase the total critical damage. on my Brigand which is my raid main i can hit high 70s and ive seen our SWash and our other brig both hit in the 80s. Granted were in full T1/T2 SF gear and jewlry so on and so forth. But by getting your potency / bonus up you will notice a increase to both DoM and your overall parse
  4. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

I'm at about 52% Bonus and 69% Potency unbuffed. Depending on group composition I've gotten as high as 60K a couple of times. We don't field full raids with all needed classes, so not sure what I could manage currently in a balanced raid.
    I've always wondered if +Ability Mod helped with it and how it would be figured. (A 60K hit would, for all intents and purposes have an unachieveable cap of half the damage, but would the check only be done on the first trigger that hits for say 1500 to make the math easy, meaning at 750 ability mod you have basically hit the cap for DoM?)
  5. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

low 60K is my high. Brigs have it easier to time theirs with a dispatch already in.
  6. ARCHIVED-121 dirtybird Guest

My Swash is mixed of T3 and T2 Raid gear with around ~80 CB/Ptncy self buffed.
    On a dummie, I can hit around 70k DoM's on the final trigger. I swapped out my gear for my old stuff from TSO and tried it again. With TSO Gear I could only muster around a 45k DoM on the final trigger. I have the privaledge of having multiple pieces of gear and jewerly to swap out to test out a few things and as far as I can tell, Ability Mod does effect the damage. DoM is considered a spell and DoM does not register as a Damage over Time spell so Ability Mod does not frontload on it. The best I can gather is its set to a standard damage scale, for instance .. Trigger 1 = 100dmg / T2 = 200dmg /T3 = 400dmg /T5 = 800dmg /T6 = 2000dmg /T7 = 4500dmg " these are just numbers pulled out of the air " and are factored into the game code as an xtra Combat Art that is applied every time we cast a CA. I am guessing that if we are hitting 70+k DoM's and we got our Ability Mod to 20k "not happening but anyways" it would apply and xtra 20k to DOM. However I could be totaly wrong. But for the short answer.
    DoM is affected the most by Crit Bonus and Potency / I would say Crit Bonus > Potency.
    Ability Mod affects the damage but not as noticeably as the above. ^
    Agility affecst the damage but not as noticeably as the above. ^
  7. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Daladfar wrote:
    Your melee crit is way too high and your crit bonus is way too low. Your DPS mod is bad as well. All those things will affect DOM. Drop alot of your Crit for those other stats. 100% crit against 98x4 you need around 115%. Although this should not be the case, the developers cannot find where the bug is so cannot fix it so 100%=100% as they say it should.
  8. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

Ranja wrote:
    DPS mod does NOT affect DoM. DPS mod will only affect autoattack damage.