Does race really matter?

Discussion in 'Shadowknight' started by ARCHIVED-diamondmaker10, Jun 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-diamondmaker10 Guest

Just curious if race really matters for SK? is 1 race going to really show a difference then anouther? If so which is best? If not which is the most awesom looking in armour?
  2. ARCHIVED-DwarvesRUs Guest

Race does not matter at all. Well... maybe a smidgen, but not enough to make any kind of noticeable difference, IMO.
    My SK is a high elf. I've got a friend with a halfling. We both tear stuff up as well as any ogre. When I'm playing my coercer, my favorite SK tank to play with is a ratonga.
    Go with whatever you think looks good.
    I like my black Katana appearance sword:
    [IMG]
    Or my epic:
    [IMG]
    I barely even look at the head/face. I'm always behind it anyway, so all I normally see is the blonde curls. I'm much more interested in the armor and weapon set look.
  3. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

I play an Iksar, and the only reason is he has got waterbreathing from the beginning and thus doesn't need to use totems. (although they don't cost so much, it is a bag filler)
    Btw this is my Iksar Sk. I love the for appearance headpiece, you can buy it from the market
    [IMG]
  4. ARCHIVED-Knight_Peccavi Guest

certain races are more squishy than others lower evels but other than that, its just about what you want your character to look like, one of the things about EQ 2 that is better than most games out there, is you get a lot of choices
  5. ARCHIVED-diamondmaker10 Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Chune Guest

I would suggest taking a race with tracking - halfling, wood elf, kerra (I think that is it) or even one of the ones with the built in safe fall - dark elf, high elf, erudite

I pretty much love being able to track named etc.
  7. ARCHIVED-AziBam Guest

Elynna@Befallen wrote:
    Pfft. Admit it. You just like playing a hot blonde with big boo*s

You know I meant "boots" right? RIGHT?? Sheesh. Get your mind out of the gutter will ya! :D

Oh, and +1 for racial tracking on whatever race you choose.
  8. ARCHIVED-skycruise Guest

I originally took a kerra when I first started teh game, it seemed to look good at the time. As it turns out, through teh latest racial changes, it has plenty of nice abilities.. safe fall, kerra speed (can go like 100% speed for 30 seconds training thorugh zones at high speed and then fd'ing since I'm an SK.) KErra speed also works in combat so that I can go 50% faster than normal combat runspeed. ALso Tracking (of npc, and pc's) which is useful.
  9. ARCHIVED-Zutan Guest

My SK is an Iksar, just because they are the most evil looking race.. (and I do love the water breathing) For stats though, there is no noticable benefit after the first few lowbie levels.
  10. ARCHIVED-yzyh Guest

Elynna@Befallen wrote:
    What is the weapon ton that picture ?

And to the OP race brely do difference. Even if you do use advanced combat tracker I dbout that you could see the difference in DPS or damage taken no mather your race.
    but personaly I almost always take character with slow fall effect cuz I like it especialy witht he tinkerer spring boots :p
    Or my Half-elf SK for Tracking.