Does Norrath have a deity of Rage?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Sigrdrifa, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Does Norrath have a deity of Rage? Not hatred, just the power of anger used wither for good or evil.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

Isn't that Sullon Zek?
    Kaitheel likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

D'oh! Wish she was worshippable... I have one character who a goddess of rage would fit perfectly.
  4. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

our toons recognize properties of gaming deities through their influence. for my raging berserk, his generous rage (generous because my toon is good) is feed from bringing portion of drop to old man karana's altar. and in return he receives miracle baleful storm (fury of the storm. epic aoe stun and knockback plus ..-.. magic damage. stuns caster). karana is neutral deity. and this is in accordance with use both for good and for evil. and this fury (sullon zek) that Melkior mentioned, even if they give an altar for sacrifices to her in upcoming update, is young (and stupid on pic so), and her rage dissipates in vain, being unbalanced (that's why rallos zek, imprisoned her in tower so that she could control herself and learn to restrain her power of anger in order to use it on target and not off-site). balanced rage is not blind hatred. hatred, knowing its object, is concentrated in its violent expression on it. combined into one, being balanced, blades of spears of opposite elements are waiting for reasonable blow at their discretion (see unlock quest "shards of frost & fire"). if they introduced multiplier for magic damage from this miracle, so that such rage was visibly more tangible and in demand against those with too much health, i would not mind..
    Schmetterling likes this.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, Sullon Zek is the Demi-Goddess (now full Goddess) of Rage. She's an ascended Barbarian.

Ehhh not exactly. Rallos Zek locked up Tallon, Vallon, and Sullon Zek inside their towers in Drunder for the expressed purpose of killing them and absorbing their power back into himself so that he would have enough power to kill Kerafyrm, even though he didn't care that the battle between would literally erase all of existence.
    Schmetterling, Kaitheel and Breanna like this.
  6. Razorwulf New Member

EQ1 Lore in the original, it stated that Rallos was actually afraid of Sullon's anger, that her fury was unstopable or something.
  7. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Quite a few years ago, they had touted rolling out a few deities every so often. They rolled out Anashti Sul, and dropped hints about Prexus and Erollisi, but the closest we ever got with those two was the othomir in Velious and the Sisterhood statue in Halas, and seeing Erollisi in the tradeskill line for PoP. We never did get more deities beyond Anashti Sul. I'm quite a bit sad for this, as there is quite a large Pantheon in Norrath. It seems like an idea they had, the started working on, then dropped in favor of other things. It's an idea I kinda wish they'd go back to. Seeing the return of deities long forgotten would be hella interesting.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that isn't the reason why he locked her up in the Tower of Drunder.

When EQ2 first started, the backstory mentioned that a lot of the lesser and demi-deities had to be reabsorbed into their creator for the sake of keeping enough power to stay active while the Gods had withdrawn their influences from Norrath. I wouldn't mind seeing Ayonae Ro, the Goddess of Music and Art, make a return, but Druzzil Ro had to absorb her just to prevent herself from being reabsorbed by Solusek Ro. All that really remains of her existence now is a theater in the south part of the Plane of Magic.

There are still a number of lesser deities that we just never got any lore on at all. Even in EQ1, we learned very little about Xev other than they were created by Bristlebane to serve as the God of Gambling. At least the residents in Maj'Dul refer to the dice they throw as "Xevs". Tholluxe Paells is a somewhat evil Demi-God of Lust, but we know nothing about him other than some furniture named after him from Erollisi Day.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I thought they did bring Erollisi back as a worship able deity a year or 2 ago .
    If your looking for a deity of pure hate " Inoruk "
    But hate and rage are not the same . I spend 2 years of my live in a Convent when I was a child , and one of the nuns would get angry with as at times and as an excuse why that is ok she would say
    " she is filled with Holy Rage "
    Breanna likes this.