Does membeship come with purchase of Xpac

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by smokeychia, Sep 16, 2017.

1. smokeychia New Member

I believe that you used to get a limited membership. like a month or so, when you purchased and new xpac. I could not find anything about this anywhere. Does anyone know if this is still the case. I am returning from beign gone for a sometime and will likely purchase the latest xpac but then I don't want to have to go and buy a membership if a month of it is going to come with the xpac.

Thanks in advance for the help.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

No, a month's membership is not included. Would be nice!
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

They haven't offered a month of membership with purchase since the game had F2P added and it never counted for current players anyway, had to be a new account.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

I think when you start the game and buy your first expansion you will still get the 30 days AllAccsess. But this is a onetime gift
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Where do you see that? I've looked pretty hard, but haven't seen anything like that.
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

If so there is NO mention of it on the website. This may have been the case at one time, but I do not believe it is now.
  7. Faelan Active Member

You did at one time, before FTP was added, which included a month's extension to subscriptions as well. This resulted in people receiving veteran rewards months ahead of time, as their account age was affected due to the way veteran time was calculated. It was removed shortly after FTP, as well as an adjustment being made to veteran rewards timing, as you are no longer required to be a subscriber to count towards veteran rewards (it used to only count paid sub time rather than just account creation date.) IIRC, those who were ahead of the reward curve remained that way, and those who had lost time due to lapses in subscription gained that time back.
    However, given the amount of time that has passed, it is a minor issue at this point, given that there are no longer any annual vet rewards based solely on account age once you get past the 12th year. You can also purchase a number of vet rewards with loyalty tokens now, which further mitigates the whole issue.
    I don't see any reason that they can't give a month's sub time with the purchase of the expansion now, but I don't know how that will affect their bottom line. You do still receive all previous expansions with the current expac, so it's a decent deal for those who may be running a bit behind on expansions, but a month's sub might be a nice incentive to bring some players back.
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

Sorry I was wrong.. Daybreak removed the free month. So if you first buy a expansion you will not get a free AllAccsess month.

Cheapest way now: Get AllAccses and order then with a 10% discount the expansion
    Prissetta likes this.