Does loot need a revamp ?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-EomerFarstar, Feb 14, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-EomerFarstar Guest

[p] [/p][p]After spending many months raiding I really think that loot in EQ2 needs some type of revamp or review.[/p][p]Currently in might take 24 people to kill named in Deathtoll and a single item will drop. The only exception to this are the zone end bosses(Vyemm and Tarinax usually).[/p][p]Making an item drop from sub-bosses for every class present wouldn't really be game braking. Most balanced raid guilds have a steady line up of who they take into zones.[/p][p] Another is example is Obelisk of Blight, after running this instance for 2 weeks I have still not seen the ranger drops. I have been in groups where boots have dropped and nodoby needs them and this makes the entire run a waster of time. Would it be to much to ask for the boots to be dependent on who was in the group ? After spending over 2 months in this instance I am generally bored to death of running of it :-(.[/p][p]While EoF is a great expansion it has brought an amount repetition with it and after a while I find myself just giving up.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

[p]LOL.[/p][p]I assume you were not around for T5 raiding. back then you would zone in to a raid instance, work your way to the mob in question, kill it, and "maybe" get a metal chest from it, or maybe an adept 1...[/p][p]The fact that you can now zone in to Labs and get 10 -12 fabled items from the raid (not to mention legandary items and relic) is a total change from T5 raiding. People are getting fabled out so much faster than they were back then. How I wish for T5 raiding...[/p][p]As for OoB, well, you have done it for 2 weeks (or did you say months?), and not got the drop you want... that means you still have a reason to go in there looking for it. Either way... instances are there to be run... its doing its job.[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-DobyMT Guest

Try going almost daily since EoF and not once seeing summoner gear? Except on the broker for 30p+
  4. ARCHIVED-EomerFarstar Guest

During the last few Labs we have only managed 2 pieces of relic and only got fabled items from the named. OoB gets boring after doing 21 runs in month :roll:. Being tedious isn't really a recipe for sucess.
  5. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

[p]You are complaining about "only" getting 13 fabled drops from a single run through labs? assuming you cleared it, you get a minimum of 11 fabled drops, 2 guarenteed legandary drops, which may also be fabled, and you had 2 more fabled drops with relic... your complaining about that?[/p][p]Seroiusly...[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-EomerFarstar Guest

[p] My feeling is that if it take 24 people to a kill a named then fabled chests should drop 1 item for each class(ie 1 Mage item, 1 scout item, 1 fighter item etc). It would make killing the named a bit more rewarding.[/p][p] In the last few Labs runs we have only 2 relic pieces from around 5 or 6 chests. Some of the legendary chests had the cube mob drops in them.[/p][p] I am not complaining about the number of chests but atleast they could drop more than item:p[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

EomerFarstar wrote:
    [p]I dont care about the number of chests either. Its the number of fabled items dropping that is too high. I would be interested to see exactly what drops you are getting from Labs that should be dropping from cube mobs...[/p][p]OK, so you zone in to labs, you clear the place, you get a MINIMUM of 11 fabled drops. Thats not enough for you? Who cares if they come in seperate chests or all in one at the end? You are getting 11 fabled drops, with a good chance that 2 more drops will be fabled rather than legandary, and the trash you have between getting to those names has a chance at dropping MORE fabled and MORE legandary...[/p][p]again... your complaining about this? [/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-CalypsoCGN Guest

Boy oh boy...you are complaining about the drop ratio in LABS???? This is still (by far) the best zone to start to equip a raidforce for t7 raiding, because it drops sooooo much Loot on one run. And yet you still complain that you don't get enough loot???????? As someone mentioned earlier, you should have been there for T5 raiding...where all you could get from the mob was a treasured weapon and an advanced tradeskill scroll, if you had bad luck!!! Get over it and clear this zone for about 4 - 5 Month together with the other KoS zones, like all the other guilds did that are progressing further now. There is no way that each named in Labs would drop 4 items (one for fighters / scouts / mages / healers) as this would literally flood the community with those items and they are way too easy to get either way...
  9. ARCHIVED-Ildarus Guest