Does Flow Break work on Paladin heals?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Talathionwins, May 5, 2014.

1. Talathionwins Active Member

[IMG]

Instead of Potency, it says Value. A lot of my traits says: Increases the Value of my heal by X%. So does this work on Max Health heals as well?
  2. Jjeorge Member

I believe "Cannot be modified except by direct means" actually means what it says on Pally heals.

If this DOES modify Pally heals, that's kinda not ok. Defeats the whole purpose of % based heals, doesn't it?
  3. Talathionwins Active Member

Idk, Paladin heals have aa's that say: increases the value.
  4. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Yes, they do. That would be the, "direct means" by which they are able to be modified. They can be changed by effects that specifically alter that spell, but not by effects that alter heals, generally.
  5. Unkel New Member

If the spell is a heal then where is the difference?
  6. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Paladin heals, along with most fighter heals, are percentage-based, and cannot be modified except by direct means. This prevents them from gaining the benefit of potency, for example. Before this change, the Monk heal, Mend, which is listed as healing around 50% HP, would actually heal for 90-120%, due to the effects of crit bonus and such. So now Fighter heals are static, and always heal for the same set amount, ignoring the effects of items and spells that enhance heal effectiveness, except when that effect directly modifies a specific ability, as is the case with AAs.