Does anyone feel ripped...

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Tekkor, Dec 1, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Tekkor Guest

I know this has been discussed before but....

Man I hate the fact that Troubs get thier charm at 21 and we dont get our fear until 26. Man... it just seems really unfair. Basically we got Lanet's instead and now that has been nerfed. So I feel way behind on the curve compared to Troub's. :-(
  2. ARCHIVED-Monomofo Guest

dont fell bad the charm is not very usefull...Trob here
  3. ARCHIVED-Kublikan Guest

Fear is very usefull, have used it to save the party (or myself while soloing) from bad adds many times.
  4. ARCHIVED-Monomofo Guest

err correction now That I have the adept 1 the charm is veeery useful...cant use it on 2 ^^ mobs but for a small CC is good...specially when the healer gets agro...
  5. ARCHIVED-Laureous Guest

Use outside = good

Use inside = use at your own (and your party's) risk

Frankly, just singing two songs pisses off mobs enough to get them off the healer just fine.
  6. ARCHIVED-Monomofo Guest

yeah but singing doesnt give you the ability to order the charmed one to attack its buddys...and sometimes you want to hold agro from ONE mob not a whole bunch.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ringarion Guest

I would kill for charm at 21 instead of 37 as a coercer... :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Igni Guest

Seems some are confused as to what the 'charm' really is. Think of it as an unbreakable mez more so than a charm. You can't order the mob you've 'charmed' as a troubador to do ANYTHING except follow you. Plus, with a recast time of nearly five minutes (which applies if it's resisted, which happens), well...I'd think the waiting for fear could be worth it, especially since unlike EQlive, the feared mobs don't bring back additional friends :)
  9. ARCHIVED-ShamusStout Guest

We have a Troub. in our guild which I hunt with fairly often. His charm charms the mob and the mob attacks his fellow mobs that are enguaged in the fight. I've seen it now multiple times. :smileywink: