Do you listen to "other" music while playing?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Semperfifofum, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

This is my current obsession for gaming music:

What's yours?

In places with skellies and undead, I think Black Sabbath works better, my taste is ecclectic.

Not that the in game music is bad, actually it's great, just sometimes I need a break from it and want a change.
    Zeddicious and Soara2 like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

3. Raff Well-Known Member

Nope...not even in game music or sound effects. I like it silent these days other than voice for grouping & raiding.
    Svenone, Semperfifofum and Soara2 like this.
  4. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I douse myself with some Drakkar Noir and...

...that's why I never use voice, 'cuz music.
    Soara2 and Semperfifofum like this.
  5. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I watch TV when I'm playing. I'm currently watching Boston Legal because I love me some William Schatner.

6. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

....leave it to Rhona Mitra (and Lake Bell) to keep me abreast of all the legal stuff in Boston.
    Breanna, Soara2 and Argosunited like this.
  7. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Hmm there's Arab trap... hadn't thought of that one yet. LOL It started with ethnic beats cafe music and look where we are now!
    Soara2 and Zeddicious like this.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

TV here as well. What show completely depends on my mood, though I started watching Dracula on netflix last night.
  9. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Ex marine sniper skeet shooter?! Where's that emoji with the brain exploding?

When I'm crafting I tend to watch... Um, Agatha Christie . (Hides under a bed now that you know her terrible secret!)
    Breanna, Soara2 and Argosunited like this.
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I LOVE Agatha Christie!!
    Breanna, Soara2, Finora and 1 other person like this.
  11. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Depends on mood. If I don't have the game music turned up, current favs are:
    If you've never heard/seen Leo, here's an example:
    Semperfifofum, Soara2 and Argosunited like this.
  12. philparry80 New Member

You can't beat a bit of Easy Street in the background :)
    Semperfifofum, Argosunited and Soara2 like this.
  13. Avithax Well-Known Member

Old School combat music, but still enjoyable:
  14. Svenone Well-Known Member

If I listen to anything at all while playing it's most likely Marillion, Steely Dan or Jethro Tull. Otherwise I have (gasp!) talk radio on in the background.
  15. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Sometimes I'm in the mood for Synthwave About 36 min into that, the images look... familiar. I'm pretty sure I've walked around in those mountains, somewhere. Is it possible to feel nostalgic about something new?
    Nawtey likes this.
  16. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Nice! My first concert ever was Jethro Tull at the New Haven coliseum in..... '83 or '84, I think? We sent my dad to see them in Tennessee a few years ago with backstage passes. He wore the t-shirt from that concert, and Ian Anderson was blown away, lol.
    Semperfifofum and Sigrdrifa like this.
  17. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Miss Monique is who I wish I was when I was about 20. Right down to the big masculine watch, I feel like that should be a rave signal.

Nawtey likes this.
  18. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

This reminds me of Gabrielle Roth with a bit more ethnic twist in it: