Do you feel that Terrors of Thalumbra is worthy?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Meneltel, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Lucus Well-Known Member

The zones are well done, plenty of adv solos and heroics to do, sure some quests are a bit on rails, but the length of the questline is not AoM level. The adv sig quest is on rails as usual but it is short which is good, need more quests for overland not tied to the sig line. If players want more story it doesn't have to be fleshed out completely on the sig line.

I like that crafters who are altaholics and have toons for heroics have ways of gearing up for heroics by harvesting and crafting rather then having to run the adv solos for everything. you can gear up reasonably well for heroics and then do some adv solos for specific gear you want. (i'm looking at you vigor charm)

It's great that there are some highly desirable items in adv solos for people to go out and do them for without being gated from running heroics till the loot a full set of gear from adv solos.

I like that the quests and missions give out status to help the guilds while you are enjoying the quests.

This. They need to add more things to the merchant, i'd put on them some desired items similar to adv solo items(but not the most rare items) and sell them for a few hundred coins and a few mill status. I'm sitting on over a thousand coins at the moment.
    Xulos likes this.
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I am kind of hate that to many loot marked "heirloom" - people still do SLR - why not make everyone life easy and remove heirloom tag al together?
    Sigrdrifa and Wirewhisker like this.
  3. montyboy Member

Yes! The heroic tag *felt* like it meant something under the 'old' con system. Where as a ^ Heroic meant some classes could solo, others would need a buddy. A ^^ and ^^^ was full balanced group only and meant the same in a dungeon as it did out in the overland zone. I don't get that feeling anymore. The AS zone mobs aren't hitting hard or taking a strategy, they just have more HP (take more time).

As an aside, why are AS mechanics not just softer-hitting versions of their Heroic counter parts? Wouldn't such an approach better prepare the individual for group play? The different mechanic/just bash it version should be labeled just 'solo', not 'advanced solo'. At this point just because you cheesed through the AS doesn't mean you understand anything about a fight when you go to do a Heroic with a group later on.
    Berserkerkitten likes this.
  4. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Worth is a value judgement. $80 is a significant bundle of change. But is it on par with similar products? Yes. Is it comparable to other forms of entertainment. Yes. So whether it is worth it or not matters only what your own personal values are. I'd rather spend $80 this game than on cigarettes or some other thing that is there for the moment then gone. That $80 will last as long as the game does and I continue to play it.
    Febrith, Seefar and Xulos like this.
  5. Sinnical New Member

I see a lot of people saying that they love how easy it is to get loot and what not and ToT has barely been out for 2 weeks, what happens when there is no point in doing anything because your toons have it all?
    A big concern is that with so little content, and that content being so easy, people will just leave again and won't even bother coming back due to raiding, grouping and even soloing being so easy and pointless. I am not saying that people will leave by the hundreds or that it is the end of the game, but there is only so many times you can run the same stuff over and over. I know they will add more content before the end of 2016, hopefully it will be challenging and itemization will make sense and what I wouldn't do for a charm without a clicky!
    I do like the landscape of the zone and the colors. Plenty of named and loot being dropped in chests is nice to have back. Infusion system is, weird and I don't think infusions should drop off named, it should be player provided. Are there things that could and should be different, of course. That's how it has always been with EVERY expansion.
    Overall, I am 50/50 with it being worth the money.
  6. montyboy Member

Yes! Love it! It's the first time in a long time I felt compelled to *actually* read all the things. I, like, actually know the story for this one :)

As a 'I haven't really raided since RoK' guy, I completely agree. I remember when the raid tier gear decimated dungeon gear and it was so awesome to have Tier II raid toon join your dungeon PUG and just tear sh*t up! It was like something to aspire to/long for. Raid gear made farming stuff in regular content trivial as it should. You wouldn't notice in ToT if one of your team members was is quested gear or raid gear - minimal impact on the smoothness of the run. I know I wouldn't be pulling the long hours for these progression bonuses.
    Xulos likes this.
  7. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

If it were not for the guild and English I would probably leave the game. So far the expansion is one big disappointment. I can live with weird itemisation, with absence of content and challenge, but I want to play with people! In a group! Do heroics! I hate what I see, For once I wish it were a pvp server and I could interupt key farming.
    Seefar and Tharrakor like this.
  8. Tinrae Member

Both the spouse & I have enjoyed it honestly. Worth the money for us. It's a nice change of scenery, we enjoy the art/theme and the fact that it's not quite so linear. Yes, it's short but I'm so glad to not feel the need to farm shards/gems.
    Wirewhisker, Tylia and Seefar like this.
  9. mouser Well-Known Member

Short answer: From the developer's side there's only so much you can assume to have covered with two characters, especially when one may be a merc. Tank, healer, damage, utility - but the player can only pick two and the content MUST be doable by all classes: If you're a swashbuckler or a coercer, that means you can bring a tank or a healer, but not both.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  10. dngrmse Active Member

The chests are also trackable, and tabbable, which helps a lot when it comes time to find one.
  11. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm playing Mist these days, the quest text is too vague without the other helps we used to have.

At launch we didn't have those helps, but most of the text was much more specific to my mind.
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

I bought it even if i'm sure it will be even more absurd than AoM,

I was already upset with ZE Auti %, dpsmod, WDB, MA, Haste, Flurry ...

Mythical crits made me quit, and the horrible infusion system, which remind me so much of Rune of Magic Pay to Win system, is probably the penultimate nail in the coffin.
  13. Raff Well-Known Member

Simple fact is that no matter what kind of expansion a gaming company puts out....someone in their customer base who spent money on it will just not like it.

It is the roll of the dice that all of us take when we buy a game expansion. I like this expansion. I spent 40 bucks on the GW2 expansion, however...and I hate what they did to that game. So I'm just not playing it anymore.

Que sera' sera' like the song says...but I'm also not hanging around GW2's forums griping about it. I just leave.
  14. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

good thing as a coercer you a pet either tank (posses essence) or DPS (charmed nuker :))
  15. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yeah the key stuff shouldn't have made it into the game. Unless they removed the platinum and umbrite keys! I like that you can do these for status tho. They should increase status gain from them keys to around 25k each and just remove the rare drops.

Solo missions as easy as these are shouldn't be rewarding you with heroic loot!
  16. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I am not really sure what kind of "small difference" between AS and people talk .. I really not sure what the % rate drop for fabled chests but from what I see is big difference stats wise between legendary and fabled items... Just to give an example - "legendary" jewels give you 28k resist "fabled" -36% - 25% boost, stats may be not "legendary" goes around 720 - fabled 840 - about 15% boost. blue start also notable increase....I assume that raid loot comes in "fabled" quality at least and AS mostly legendary - so I it is really difference and it is notable difference
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Sometimes you have to actually open your Quest Journal and read the long-form quest text. Shocking! But they almost always give tons of clues about "what's next".
    Wirewhisker, Tylia, Seefar and 3 others like this.
  18. Xulos Member

Indeed! I'm loving that fact. They're actually making me play the damn game now instead of doing all of the thinking for me and I AM LOVING IT! If only this expansion was a bit bigger and had better itemization it'd be perfect for me.
    Wirewhisker and Seefar like this.
  19. Anaogi Well-Known Member

If you loved ToV & AoM, you'll hate ToT.

If you thought ToV was bad and AoM absolutely excreble, you'll love ToT.

Put me down for the second camp. The game's fun again! :D
    Wirewhisker and Xulos like this.
  20. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Oh yeah .. those who loved time sinks in camping named - ToT bring old feeling of EQ1 ...Personally from x-pack I liked most KOS and ROK ... Comparing AoM with ToT ... I'd say AoM wins hands down (more content, more levels, more AA)
    Wirewhisker and Berserkerkitten like this.