Do you agree? On the next expansion

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-EliteHero, Jan 23, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-EliteHero Guest

I think if there was for a new expansion to come out this is what needs to change about warlocks....1 No nil stones why we got live with this no other casters do or any other class....2 A lil faster casting not to fast just a lil faster so when i cast im still alive or make so we can put more thne 50aa's in one side..Give some respect to us and make some Warlock only items not just relics and new t7 relics.... And thats me my point of veiw.....REponces plz just say if you agree and dont if you dont write why...If you do agree cool and what other chances would you guys want??????
  2. ARCHIVED-grimgolem2 Guest

hmm i'd rather they just buffed tanks by doubling or trippling the effectiveness of taunts =p
  3. ARCHIVED-oyroy Guest

Actually, Coercers got thoughtstones they need for certain spells, like temp powerregen spell and such, but my coercer is flowing over with thoughtstones, as they are made when you cast some of the best dmg spells we have, so no problem stacking up on them. But other classes _DO_ need components to cast spells.
  4. ARCHIVED-Epictetus Guest

Tbh i dont see a problem with the nilstones. I just make sure to set out with a decent amount of them and cast the relevant curses on mobs that get in my way to the tougher ones where i might need em (but yes, they dont add much either apart from making sure some of those curses are used).

The aggro issues however are definately a concern. The suggestion about just buffing warrior taunts is actually pretty good. Although i think a long duration AoE deaggro would be a welcome addition to our class.

I like the warlock class a lot. The changes that would benefit us most arent to our class. Changes to the game world (more multimob encounters that drop sweet loot, less uparrows on the heroics etc) would benefit us much more.

Other than that one of the things i wish for most in any update is accurate and less misleading spell descriptions. The poison debuff doesnt state that its also an interrupt for instance. (and i had to start a thread just to get the abhorrent gift thing explained to me, nowhere in game did i find info about what it actually did, what its limitations where etc. Same goes with encounter spells, where does it say only 5 mobs get affected?).

Well, thats my 2p worth. Im just a noob though, so dont get all upset if you disagree.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ruut Li Guest

I have started to raid more and it feels absolutely pointless to go to a t3 zone 3 times a week to get enough nil crystals. I dont have much bagspace so I carry tops 300 to 400 crystals. Once I accidentally stole an encounter from a lowbie who needed it for a quest, I had to explain to him why a lvl 70 is there killing grey mobs...jeez its embarrassing.
  6. ARCHIVED-Pilgrim Divine Guest

i agree, at the moment, they seem rather pointless and i do get strange looks killing pack after pack of lizard men in the Ferrott at level 70.....

I dont mind having them in game but rather i would like to see they usage changed to something more useful. What, i dont know hence why am i not a developer....

maybe use them for something similar to a conjurors CoH? they just seem a little redundant in their current context.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ruut Li Guest

at least they could give the option to buy the crystals from a vendor in mage towers (mage acorn in Kelly). Not being able to buy em is just too old school.
  8. ARCHIVED-CelebornXI Guest

I dont mind having to use nil crystals, only when bagspace is a concern .. which isn't often, but it would be nice to be able to have a pouch or something we can put in our ammo slot that can hold nil crystals.. even if its a quiver o_O i generally carry about 100 of the around with me never needing more than that for any raid ive ever done, most of the time there are enough junk mobs in the way, the one thing i would like to see changed isn't the number of aoe encounters, cause there are more than there used to be
    and not aggro control.. cause our tanks do fine and generally when i rip aggro its from doing way to much damage =) I'd rather they changed it so warlocks benefited more from the intelligence we get more power, more damage on spells.. not like being in a group makes it hard to get intelligence or anything but when a shabbily equipped wizzy has as much power as you do, it kind of makes me wish i still had my int/str buff =/ thats my 2cents
  9. ARCHIVED-Ruut Li Guest

well celeborn, some ppl like to do their job when they are invited to a raid. I do dmg and I use all dmg spells and dmg enhancers, hence 100 crystals are rarely enough and hence there are some aggro issues too. I dont tag along to do 800:ish dps, thats just plain rude. I do what im supposed to do; big damage. And im not there to debuff trash, Im there to burn them down fast.
  10. ARCHIVED-EliteHero Guest

Well thx for comments *But This is talk about Warlock class's Improvements not other class's But thx anyway to who posted...2nd from what I read i think they should make a nendor or give us a extra slot in invatory when you can put a bag made just for nil crystial's and just fill it up there ,and later on you wont need to get more nil's for 5monthes and you will have space for your items from raids...But yes i agree with others who said nil's should be used for summthing for usefull to form like food or a drink or some kinda of potion( Im GIving you ideas SOE so u dont have to think...of wait u dont think)......Any way hope to hear more
  11. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

As for Nil Crystals I think they have great potential and when used properly add a good bit of flavor. I would like to see it set up so that having to use a Nil Crystal offsets something in the spell. For example make it have a lower power cost, or instant cast time, or do more damage, etc... It's possible that this is how it is already set up and we just don't realize it. I'm at work right now so I can dive into my spell book but I'll be looking into that further next time I log on. Rift is a perfect example of Nil Crystals used right (in my ever so humble opinion). What's so special about Rift? It produces little to no aggro. Now realistically speaking this is a function of the damage coming from "falling" as opposed to the fact it uses Nil Crystals, but you get the point.

As for what I would like to see changed? The only thing I can think of that's not already covered by AAs or Live Updates would be more unique spells like Dark Infestation and Rift or like the new AA's that let you modify mob AoE Range. Those are spells that make sense for our role and our lore and add a bit of flavor that other classes don't have. However, the more I think about it this is probably true for all classes.
  12. ARCHIVED-oyroy Guest

aye, that would be sweet, and not too problematic, making the ammo pouches able to hold nil-crystals, just as they hold throwingknives/shriukens or summat like that. Would at least make sense for a caster to have a use for the ammo slot other then to have arrows when I grind my woodworker :p
  13. ARCHIVED-Snapdragyn Guest

BTW, I posted a thread on the tradeskill forum suggesting that recipes be added for the ammo-slot spell component pouch you mentioned, Celeborn. OTW back to edit my post & properly credit the idea now.
  14. ARCHIVED-Xasdf Guest

Is there a reason why you do not throw the nil generating spell on the mob just before it dies while raiding?
  15. ARCHIVED-Ruut Li Guest

I dont farm crystals during raiding because one fight usually consumes more than one or two crystals. Besides Im trying to reach number one spot in parse, im busy casting aura on the last second of the fight :smileyvery-happy:
  16. ARCHIVED-EpokSilvermoon Guest

Uhm yes I'm busy nuking and dot'ing the mob until it is dead LOL
  17. ARCHIVED-Inebriation Guest

Dude, wth. My warlock owns.. I don't need it to be made "easy". I enjoy playing a class that requires a little bit of dedication.