Do we really need the map selector for traveling VoV?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Cusashorn, May 12, 2022.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I find it a little unnecessary to click on the NPCs who ask if you want to travel to a different map within VoV by bringing up the current zone map and making you select the next zone.

This works fine if you have multiple points of travel, but you literally can only go from Svarni to Karuupa via the travel NPC, Karuupa to Svarni via another NPC, Karupa to Mahngavi via another NPC, and Mahngavi to Karuupa via a 4th NPC.

You hail a plumedrake keeper: "Greetings traveler, how can I assist you today?"
    You: "I would like to travel" (manually has to pick the only option to travel)

It would be more convenient to prompt each travel NPC to just take you to the next zone, much like how the travel NPC in Forlorn Gist instantly sends you on your way through the town to the other end of the zone.

You hail a plumedrake keeper: "Greetings traveler, how can I assist you today?"
    You: "I would like to travel to Karuupa Jungle" (Off I go)

Unless you plan on putting a fast travel system within the VoV zones, I really see no reason to have to bring up a map just to have to manually pick the only place you can actually travel to.
    tasnee, Breanna, Rattophaxe and 2 others like this.