Do the Queen's Colony and Outpost of the Overlord still exist?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by wheelz00, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Geothe Active Member

That's not true. I had a toon chilling on newbie isle, and would log it on occassionally and kill stuff around the isle long after the newbie isles were removed from starting character options. Never got ported off, just was unable to access the toon once they outright removed the zones.
    Wurm and Lempo like this.
  2. Elostirion Well-Known Member

That's the opposite of my experience with same.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Well I was talking higher level zones after the ones I mentioned. But yest, you are right.
  4. Lempo Well-Known Member

On the Isle of Refuge?

I have a Warden on there that is level 28 with 80 or so AA, I was going to get max AA on that island bit by bit by just logging in and killing 5 or 6 mobs in small area before I logged on my main.

Then they did the crap with the AA (which has now been undone) but I can't log onto the toon anymore because access to the zone was removed apparently just because they could, I guess it is possible that it was for performance reasons, but it definitely wasn't out of necessity.
    Wirewhisker and Wurm like this.
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

no, on Isle if you leveled without leaving you could gain level 10 (before the subclass quest was taken out, before that it was level 90 with like 200% xp, than all mobs would be grey, although there were some people that wanted to have high mos on the Isle and did it through collections through shared bank system :p
  6. Elostirion Well-Known Member

You must be talking about some post patch version of the island. Originally (back when there was no AA), you could not ding 8, and the mobs did not level with you, so even if you could go past 8, the mobs would all be grey before 16.
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

at 8 on the Isle all mobs would be grey except for the small boneyard earring where you gathered skulls to spawn the blob name. (or maybe that was level 9)
  8. Lempo Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that the deer and bear at the top of the stairs from the courtyard type area were level 10-12. There are also epic guards on that island that were 20ish.

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/476741789754

there's his profile.
    While I think I did do some leveling with collection quests it was carefully controlled there were still mobs available to me for XP.
  9. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Ah. No such thing as the shared bank way back then either.
  10. Lempo Well-Known Member

yes there was.
    That was why the toon was rolled really.
    He was a mule that held all the stuff for my Alchemists WORTS.
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

pretty sure there was. he was right behind the giant tower where you begin on Isle.
  12. Elostirion Well-Known Member

The banker NPC was there... there just were no shared bank slots in the banking interface for the first couple expacs. Then you had different shared bank slots for good and evil toons (and only one row of 4 of them).
  13. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I too used to visit the isle for reasons of nostalgia after the Isles were removed with a character I left on the Test server. She got up to level 10 before everything turned grey. Poor thing is now stuck in limbo (Zone is temporarily unavailable.), although she supposedly is still in Queen's Colony. I really wish we could have this zone back again.
    knightowl likes this.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

You could take any character to the isle after guild rally banners came in.