Do mages have CM debuffs?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Semperfifofum, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

How important is Combat Mit debuff? I was looking here: http://www.grenricks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11304463

(thanks for that site and post, very helpful btw)

... but I don't see anything for mages like necro/conji or warlock/wizard. If it's important then I guess we should rely on procs? I just spent about two hours poring over my Warlock skills. Can't spot any that debuff CM.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

A raid will want to emphasize debuffs for tough mobs, but an individual or single group probably doesn't need this as much. Not all classes have the same raid roles, either.

If you are soloing as a caster, you want to make sure your root/slow/stun spells are better than Apprentice. It's also good to invest time harvesting everything, and when you get rares, upgrade to Mastercrafted armor and equipment.

The classic caster solo strategy is "root and nuke"... you root the thing, debuff (if you have one), re-root, nuke, re-root, back up several steps, nuke, re-root, etc. Having good armor that lets you survive one hit is REALLY useful when doing the root & nuke routine. Pet classes seem to have it a bit easier, because the pet can distract the monster while you back off and re-root again.

If you check your city merchant, they sell signets of various sorts, including some that either protect you from some effect (such as fear or stun or AOE) for a few seconds, or which serve to debuff a certain class of mob. You might experiment with those. At low levels, Mastercrafted hex dolls can also be used to throw an initial debuff of some sort.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  3. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

That makes sense for low levels. I was thinking of my level 100 warlock though. Vacuum field is no longer helpful unless I want to restrict myself to Thaumaturge, although even that isn't poison, it's disease. But mine is all leveled up on the Warlock AA's and it didn't change to CM or have CM added to it. That would be the typical place to find it.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure Noxious damage is the same as Disease damage. Unless poison and disease are under the umbrella of "nox" damage.
  4. Melkior Well-Known Member

You are right. Poison and Disease are the Noxious damage types.
  5. Kari Well-Known Member

If you are interested in combat mit debuff, the new heritage quest gives a goblin skull earring with a good debuff proc. You can equip it, cast the debuff, and then put your normal earring back on, and then the debuff will last for several hours.
  6. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Thanks or the reminder on that :) Tainted Mutation iirc also has a debuff so I may end up with Thaumaturge on a perma basis.