Do any of you actully make plat with trade skills I have lvled them just for fun but...

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-DarkelfOften, Jul 23, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-DarkelfOften Guest

Do any of you actully make plat with trade skills I have lvled them just for fun but have never really made much plat with them, they just cost to lvl in my exsperence.
    With all the updated quest gear and avilabilty not many lvling characters buy gear. They almost never by exspert spells. You make more selling the mats for others to make them than for the item itself.
    The only benifit in my exspearence is to do it for your characters sake so they have a profession. What has been your exspearences?
  2. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

If you're looking to make money from a tradeskill, your best bet is to make a woodworker and sell ammo. Any class that makes consumables can make money. Carpenters can make money too, but that takes pay alot more attention to what is on the market and making what people want that there isn't as much of..
    Alchemists can also make money on poisons and pots, but arrows (and to a lesser extent ammo for thrown weapons) is the 'easiest' way to make money as a crafter.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zivgar Guest

I'm sure food and drinks aren't bad for selling either, but again consumable. Any armor or weapons will rarely get bought.
    HC never and once in a blue moon MC gear.

I craft to make things for my toons as I level. I hardly ever sell anything.
  4. ARCHIVED-arohanui Guest

Yep, as they mentioned above, consumables are a great way to go. Also, don't forget the commission system. I've made more plat from commissions than I have from arrows/totems etc (maybe because i'm too lazy to stock up though!) My carpenter and woodworkers are my two most profitable crafters.
  5. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

I used to make a little plat on my woodworker / provi / tailor / carpenter , mostly considering it to be extra coin I'd earn while out adventuring.
    Then I looked at how much time I was spending making stuff to fill 3-4 boxes every 3 or so days...then I looked at people somehow managing to fill and refill 6 max space boxes every single day with mostly arrows etc , meaning they had to be spending 14+ hours a day just crafting..

So I gave up and left the bots to do the work for me and now I just buy from the broker what I need for almost cost...
  6. ARCHIVED-DarkelfOften Guest

Mermut wrote:
    What about provisiong? Woodworker and provising are two I have nor yet attempted in my years of playing.
  7. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

As a provisioner, ive found i can make money only if i constantly undercut everyone else, or am not undercut to unprofitability... its just not worth it to me anymore, i make my own food, and thats about it.
  8. ARCHIVED-retro_guy Guest

Tinkering makes a little money for me.
    Gnomish Diving Rods sell well and are fast to make since they only have to be made to the first bar.
    Pop one of the +200 progress potions and you can fill 3 bags in 10 minutes.
    42*3*25gp each = 31p50g for 10 minutes work.
    (Less material cost and fuel)
  9. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

I have made money crafting when I looked for items that sold fairly often and for the most profit. You have to look for what is good to sell to make money and it changes so you have to keep looking.
    I quit doing that and just make stuff for my own toons or friends/guildies.
    Some people make money with consumables but I don't want to spend that much time crafting.
    Bottom line is, you can make money crafting but you have to work at it, choosing what to make, not just making any old thing and expecting it to sell rapidly.
  10. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

I sure do make money. I get out and harvest all tiers up to KoS, and I use the rares to make armor, weapons, jewelry, and Expert spells. People levelling twinks will buy that stuff for good money.
    The other advantage of the harvesting for rares is that you end up harvesting shinies, which also sell for a pretty penny.
  11. ARCHIVED-Middleone Guest

Yes my tailor makes plat, even tho he's only about level 40 tailor, and my other toon that has Erollsi Day recipes makes a reliable 10plat a week on those. Also if you wanted to, you could level your transmuting, grind Kunark dungeons for materials, and mute your way to plat by selling muted components. There's no need to actually adorn, but that would make you plat too.
  12. ARCHIVED-Raffir Guest

I rarely make plat on MC weapons and armor. Sometimes the rares sell for more than the crafted item also. So you end up paying for fuel and mats and not getting the price you would have had you just sold the rare.
    I level up crafters just to keep my multiple alts in gear and consumables these days. I harvest and sell mats, rares & shinies to make plat though.
    Raf
  13. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

There are nitch markets in every craft that sell decently well for a good profit.
    For example I've been off and on making a few t8 chest peices for scouts from phenominal reactants. The t8 reactants are really cheap compaired to other reactants (often cheaper than t1!), and marking up the price 10p from the reactant sells decently well. If I throw 2 up on the broker, they both sell over the week.
    Now if the supply of cheap reactants dry up, or someone else starts undercutting me I'll loose interest and won't bother making them anymore. The high profit is mostly due to their being nobody else making these. No competition + demand = profit. That being said, I expect my market on this to disappear now. No big, I've been playing TSW for a few weeks now and I'm not really crafting.
    This points to looking for opportunity. You can't charge too much or you'll loose demand. 10p is about the threshold before someone says "I can find someone to make it for me". A 5p mark-up and that is the tip price most 90 crafters expect for a commission. Try not to invest in anything you don't think will move in a week, unless your willing to spend a lot to try and make everything. Stocking everything is the best way to study the market, but its also expensive and time consuming. The broker would have to be your thing, you certainly wouldn't have time to adventure. So make educated guesses and watch the broker to see if your right.
  14. ARCHIVED-Rogue4Life Guest

My husband's weaponsmith pulls in literally hundreds of plat every day in broker sales. He doesn't make consumables, and he's on for about 20 minutes in the morning, and an hour or two in the evening.
    Plat is very easy to make with your tradeskills. You just have to learn what sells and what not to waste your time with (and few will give up their sales secrets).
  15. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

Another way to look at it is.. what you don't spend. I have all 9 TS classes that all adventure somewhat. I buy nothing for most of them, make it all myself.
    Only on my main do I find the need to purchase masters, etc.
    The amount of plat you don't have to budget and spend on characters is also part of the equation.. along with sales.
  16. ARCHIVED-Rendoir Guest

I make 1000s of plat a week from crafting. I'm not going to tell you exactly how but I'll give you some clues. I think on my best session recently I made about 4k plat in 1 day.

Adventure + Crafting.
    Manipulation of broker prices on rares/finished items.
    Speculation.
    Rare recipes.
    Daily craft quests.
  17. ARCHIVED-quiarrah Guest

Both my Carpentar and Provisioner have made plat . . .but it depends on what people are looking for at the time. My tailor. . .not so much. However I have made around 50-80 gold at a time on her if I put up an entire set of cloth armor : (legs, chest, feet and hands)
    I would say it all depends.