Not A Bug Di'Zok Minion Potions from Overseer Rewards are Heirloom

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Anastaise, Apr 11, 2023.

1. Argent Active Member

Came to the forums this morning to post an ask about this exact topic. I'd like to suggest something in the middle -- an heirloom consumables home depot. The quantity/text layout of a depot I find much preferable for consumable items as well.

When the broker started auto de-listing items, the rationale had to do with data replication. If the same holds true for data from player banks, instead of having an entirely new set of items for stored banks having them in a heirloom consumables depot would only require the data of those items to replicate to home zones, where pretty much nothing else is happening vs. zones with a banker.
    Juraiya, Jest and Twyla like this.
  2. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Sure as long as the currency can be swapped. I literally run around 10 overseer accounts just for the best poisons is game because we all know that these don’t come from crafters, well except for caith. So now I’ll have poisons that can’t be swapped accounts and will just sit there wasted and make it twice as hard to obtain them, because well crafted ones are junk.

How about we just leave well enough alone. There was 0 issue with the way they were. Get rid of the temp adorns that make 0 sense. Who’s going to use accuracy and max health. Who’s going to use ae auto ones. Everyone wants CB/CBOC/casting/reuse/pot. Potions are mostly useless. About 3 types get used out of the 12 ish that are available.

Again…listen to your player base. This again was another horrible decision.
    Juraiya, Jest and Twyla like this.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

simpy answer: bad desition not to be able to get rid of all usless overseer potions by a simple click on the guild portion depot
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

That response is the kind of double talk you'd expect from someone in Congress who doesn't have a clue about the subject, much less the solution. I'm beginning to think some of these guys are so infatuated with themselves, the concept of logic and what should work is beyond them. It's a sign of the times when the player force aptly demonstrates repeatedly they know more about the game's logistics and mechanics than the alleged people responsible for the game. After a while, you begin asking yourself how long the "we don't have enough employees" defense holds up. In other words, how much employee time is spent fixing poorly designed decisions that the player base spots immediately upon implementation. And how many of those are actually acknowledged as being poorly thought through and fixed. What you typically get is the highly condescending response to the effect, "we know better than you do." And the band played on...
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I forsee:
    /petition
    I was trying to destroy all these heirloom potions in my bags and it appears in the process, I destroyed *insert one-of-a-kind item you can't replace or do without* and its not showing up on restore tab because of all the potions I destroyed...
    Observing, Marranda, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  6. Prayos Well-Known Member

I made the same type of argument in another post:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/account-house-bags-and-depots.609320/

The fact is that given the size of the Overseer Bag, and the sheer amount of reward items, the bag is undersized. There's a couple ways to combat this:

1. Make it so that ONLY temp adorns and potions go into the bag
    2. Increase the bag size to accommodate 1 stack of every item
    3. Combination of both
    I understand this isn't necessarily a quick fix, but it would go a long way to clearing up some of this.
    Jest and Twyla like this.
  7. Kaladz Active Member

I'd also like to see an heirloom consumables home depot that can hold these type of items.

Alternatively, can we increase the size of the overseer bag to be able to hold the mass variety of these type of items. Doubling the size of this bag would go a long way in being able to store all these potions and temp adorns.
    Yavie, Marranda, Jest and 1 other person like this.
  8. Bentenn Well-Known Member

NO.. they can just make them not heirloom. The best solution to this is just get rid of overseers. Give the potions/temps back to TS'ers to make. They really need something to keep them relevant. I hate RNG, but put the reducer drops back into heroics, because well once u have gear, no one runs them. This is incentive to run them again. We don't need overseers, we don't need overseer bags, when there are so many other ways to have the same items in game. Now all of use with multiple accounts cannot share our potions with our toons or our guilds.. So either make them not heirloom, or just give them back to TS'ers and heroic drops and do away with the mind-numbing overseers.
    SolarFaire, Breanna, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  9. morderir Active Member

well , dear caith i am a little bit curious about the argument " rate of obtention" .. do you have any metric ?
    i do around 20 overseer a day and dump all potion obtained in the guild depot. i just checked , for season 4 , most never used are between 40 and 100 item .... in one year of dumping .... my alchimist make a 200stack in one click ..
  10. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Incoming 2024... Heirloom Harvest Materials cuz we "obtain them too fast" too :rolleyes: such a joke
    Observing, Breanna, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  11. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Also just another example of how you make decisions and don’t play the game. RNG on these gives us mostly useless potions anyway as well as adorns. Who wears a max health adorn? Who uses cure pots from here when the crafted ones can actually be bought and stack to 900 lol. You really need to pay attention to what your player base tells you or asks you because it is 100% obvious that you haven’t logged in a toon to attempt to play or run any of the things you have implemented.

There are some items which are great from there and can be swapped from toons on different accounts which made overseers worth doing. Completely worthless waste of time now.
    SolarFaire, Juraiya and Trintel like this.
  12. Bigstomp Member

Yeah, id rather have current tier pots.... than heirloom ones that go in my overseer bag and require 10 individual clicks and a drag to delete all of. Most potions are 100% worthless (except thorns, which youd never get enough of..... and int).

So every time you get 5 pots. 10 individual clicks. We can carpel tunnel through this.
  13. Wish New Member

Want to buy a 100 slot overseer bag (but maybe this is the reward for lv 50) :)
  14. Trintel New Member

It's bad enough that we have to play a time based game (overseers) to play the game we want to play, but now we will need to spend 20 minutes doing the dumb overseers, AND extra time destroying all the garbage every day when we log in?
    How in the world can a dev think this is not going to chase people from the game?
    Yavie, Marranda, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  15. Bigstomp Member

lol, I saw your name and was like... Oh we got a Wish.com bag right now. lol
    Wish likes this.
  16. et429 New Member

I would be curious if they could do a database search on deleted items. And stack rank how many items are deleted per day or month. And then figure a way to help us manage those better.
    Like being able to select multiple items and then delete with one click, or find a way to reduce those items entering the game.

If I had a preference, my way to rectify the tons of potions and temp addorns would be have a tab added to the character sheet that all of these items went directly to and stacked.
    It could be as simple as the currency tab, but I'd rather see it more like the familiar / wardrobe tab where you could see them listed in tiers. Then have a sorting feature or a favorites clicky to move the ones you use to the top and be displayed when the tab is opened. At this point you just click to use which ever one you wanted. This tab since heirloom would be shared across all characters and if you had a low lvl character you would still be restricted from using higher level ones by item level requirements.
    Another option would be to reduce the number of potions and temp addorns and just reward the highest tier ones like fabled and higher and replace all of the lower tier ones with small bags of various denominations of coins.
    I would rather be dissappointed in getting a bag of 5g as a reward then 5 potions that I have to delete.

I'm struggling with space as it is so I don't have room to put all of these different items and just let them stack out of the way.
  17. BuddyT Member

In fairness to Daybreak the potions are not No-Value so you can at least sell them for 1c to a guild hall vendor instead of having to destroy them as everyone is saying.

That said I hate this change and agree with the idea posted that it seems very likely that if anyone who requested that potions go into the overseer bag had known that the response to their request would be the introduction of the heirloom tag they would have backtracked in a second.

Players have complained for years about not enough bag space (rightly so) and been met with a wall so I don't think there's any point in begging/whining for it now, but it is a very real issue that this game is an order of magnitude more complicated than it was a decade ago. Systems of complexity (even very modest complexity) layered on top of one another over the years that make starting or upkeeping a toon much more of a chore than it was in DoV (as I have been joyfully reminded by playing on Kael Drakkel for the last couple days to get the green adorn).

It's a separate topic to discuss all the problems I think there are with all the systems that prevent people from easily returning to the game or joining it anew, but for those of us already invested the frustrations extend to things like these potions and temp adorns. We've gone from two tiers of potions, regular and mastercrafted to 4 tiers last expac but at least potions are simple and straightforward. Temp adorns are an abomination. Time spent collecting/crafting/sorting/applying them all adds to the burden of the game for little to no benefit when it would be incredibly simple to just scale mobs down a fraction to account for the stat loss created by removing them.

Ultimately since you don't publicize the objectives you're trying to achieve when you do things like introduce temp adorns or new potion tiers it's hard for me to suggest or agree with any potential fix, but it might be time to reconsider the overall time commitment you ask of your players just to begin or maintain a toon before you lose a critical mass of them. Because people are invested in your game many of them will accept a lot of burdens and declines in quality before leaving but the signs of discontent that portend a crippling population loss often show up long before players actually jump ship. I'm sure you've already lost a sizable amount of the player base given the server merges we have seen over the years but the game still does have enough population to barely run a viable MMO system. Please don't refuse a chance to listen to the few remaining paying customers as they tell you that you are pushing toward a final cliff that you can't see until you are over it.
    haphop, Menoric, Twyla and 2 others like this.
  18. Taliss Member

The amount of time spent managing inventory in this game is ridiculous. I'm ending up with 50-100 items of overseer stuff every day which is almost all entirely worthless to me. A game should not feel like work. Give us heirloom depot's for our housing so we can throw this crap in there and at least easier find good stuff based on level and ignore the rest. That would solve so many issues and no one would be complaining.
  19. Breanna Well-Known Member

My 2 cents. I'm with everyone else this was a mistake. If I didn't need/want the training potions and barding unlocks I wouldn't even bother with the overseer. I'm considering not even doing it anymore anyhow, there is just way too much junk.
    SolarFaire, Yavie, Quillyne and 6 others like this.
  20. Menoric Member

I encourage every developer of this game create a player on the server and PLAY this game for 30-60 days. I don't mean this to be a jerk, I really mean it. A lot of decisions like this one would never be made if they already knew how things worked in the game on a day-to-day basis. Again, making these heirloom is a HUGE pain. Either take them out, give us more bag space or even better, make them tradeable. Tradeable items in this game are already in short supply enough.
    Yavie, 8tracks, Aggy and 5 others like this.