Distillations and Dilutions recipe books

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Sigrdrifa, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Niami, when you get time, would you see if we can possibly get the Distillation and Dilution adorning books for the last few expansions? Maybe even VoV?
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

id love to see it but i doubt we will
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Denmum Developer

Not my call to make, but the query will get forwarded on.

~Mum
    Bludd, Xillean, Quillyne and 4 others like this.
  4. Yenk Active Member

It was intended that the transmute results could no longer be transformed into one another.
  5. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Really? What could possibly be the justification for that?
  6. Denmum Developer

For a while, they were lagging the distillations and dilution recipes an expansion behind, so that the rate of adornments being introduced in an expansion fit their itemization plans.

I'll try to remember to follow up on this more in our weekly team meeting.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's just super handy when you're doing adorns for alts later. Also for leveling adorning, you can distill down and dilute up to level, so it's somewhat sparing of materials.
  8. Yenk Active Member

I would be most amazed if that were "fixed" because the transmuted results are ingedients to craft adornments and nails.
    Manas and fragments are very expensive, powder and infusions very cheap. Manas we get by transmuting fabled items with a 10% chance, fragments by transmuting treasured items and transmutation stones, powder by transmuting legendary items.

All these features would be immediately obsolete if we could simply and stupidly distill a mana from 9 infusions or dilute 7 fragments from 1 powder (as we did 4 years ago).

I'm sure that was the reason to cancel distilling and diluting 4 years ago for future add-ons.
  9. Yenk Active Member

But who knows... maybe Niami Denmother will actually get it baked. To be on the safe side, I bought all the cheap infusions and powders out of the broker. :cool:
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

maybe these can lag 2 or even 3 expacs behind since we seem to be on a 2 expac on a theme cycle now
  11. Yenk Active Member

Transmuting Distillations, Volume 12 and Transmuting Dilutions, Volume 12 were the last ones. Introduced in 2018.