+Disruption

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Fat T, May 5, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Fat T Guest

What's the max disruption? Is it the same as the INT cap?

Also, disruption doesn't actually increase the damage of your spells, but just decreases the amount the mobs will resist correct?
  2. ARCHIVED-Dajuuk Guest

The casting skills effect the NPC's initial resist chance. So with +disruption you should see less occurances where the spell is outright resisted. It is my understanding though that the amount of damage mitigated is not effected by the casters casting skill. Basically, spells should land more frequently but not hit for higher damage.
  3. ARCHIVED-hoosierdaddy Guest

a.) IIRC The skill cap is 420. If your toon has higher Disruption than this, he/she will not benefit from it.
    b.) Casting skills are related directly to fizzles and resists only. They in no way affect damage. If you require evidence, examine and read the description to any of our Seal line bufs. I'm not logged in atm, but have read it several times and it says specifically that it reduces fizzles and the chance to be resisted.

-Kai
  4. ARCHIVED-Worrick Guest

Disruption reduces the fizzle chance of disruption based beneficial spells (not sure if there are any). And reduces the resist rate on disruption based hostile spells. Your base disruption increases by 5 every level, btu a buff or item with +5 disruption does not make you cast as a level higher, soemthign a lot of people get confused on.

As far as the cap, Skills do not have any caps like attributes do. Afetr you reach a certain point there is some diminishing returns though. Every point you have in disruption will help, but the +60 is not twice as good as +30. 420 is not a cap (since skills have no cap) and in fact is pretty trivial to reach that value
  5. ARCHIVED-hoosierdaddy Guest

Just because you can raise skills over 420 does not mean they aren't capped. I can get my toon's INT to 700, but I'll only gain power/increased dmg up to 521. Trust me, there's a skill cap. Do a search. I'm too lazy.
    -Kai
  6. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

420 is the effective cap on skills, at least on skills like defense, parry, and deflection, which if you assume all skills play by the same rules(which I bet they do), then 420 is the cap on all skills.
  7. ARCHIVED-Worrick Guest

I'm just baseing my statement about skills not haveign caps from the Dev that stated Skills do not have caps. It may be jumping to conclusions to assume that Skills do not have caps means skills do not have caps, btu I think it is a reasoinible one to make.