Disappointments

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rosie, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Rosie Active Member

Hi All. I may be a bit premature, but if SOE continues with these changes to world events as they have been of late, my husband and I will just put away our keyboards and say we are done with gaming. I know this doesn't mean much to alot of you. But the change to NOTD was uncalled for and the upcoming changes to Frostfell are the straw that broke the camel's back for us. If these changes go forward in December, I am sorry to say we will not be staying.

My other and complete disappointment is ToV. I have not ordered the xpac as of yet, nor will I. I have spent close to 100 plat trying to just get ONE of my 95s up to 600 DPS never mind the CC issue. Her ss is only 325 after all the reforging I can do etc. I understand that some of the weapons/shields and jewelry in the new content have CC on them............should I buy ToV and start changing gear from old to new, I am going to be losing CC right there.. Im rambling sorry. I understand about the change in the white adornment system. I will have to see what that does.

The purpose of this thread was just to say....................I am very sorry that they are destroying Frostfell.

/rant off.
  2. Deago Well-Known Member

Explain the frostfell situation please and how it became destroyed.
  3. Airos Active Member

Since this year was my first NotD, I'd also be interested to know what changes were made to that holiday that were "uncalled" for.

As far as purchasing ToV, given the rest of your post I'd say no. Since you're already on the verge of quitting next month, it wouldn't make much sense to drop $80 for two copies of the expansion.
  4. Eileithia Active Member

Cloaks, Belts, Charms, and Weapons all have a huge CC increases. The solo stuff had better CC than "most" of my raid gear. You can complete the entire overland quest chain, which rewards a complete set of gear in a few hours, and is more than enough to get you into solo zones for the next tier of gear. If you want to jump into heroics, load up some CC adorns and go to town, or spend some time farming Nexus Core and Hive until you get gear that will let you move up the chain of Heroics.

I guess I'm saying.. Don't knock it till you try it.
    Deago likes this.
  5. Deago Well-Known Member

Good saying...wouldn't live by that but good here in this instance :D
  6. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm at a loss of what things destroyed the holidays? A bit of elaboration please?
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

No, please, continue to rant. (And I don't mean that sarcastically.) That way we might be understand exactly what has you irked. As it stands, it seems like a case of postus interruptus*. o_O

* In that you haven't yet reached the point where you explain the changes to which you are referring.
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I believe it has to do with changing the yearly quest to the achievement. (saw on other thread but never figured out how to link to them lol) That said if something like this makes someone so "unhappy" to want to quit, they should definitely take step back and see if you are really getting what you want out of the game. I don't know if the OP is unhappy, but certainly games shouldn't make people (imo) unhappy/stressed or w/e causes these types of rants. (again imo)

As to rating ToV you haven't tried it yet so the assessment seems a bit premature. There are lots of folks that are unhappy and lots that are happy with their purchase (see posts on various forums). At least they are basing their opinion on actually playing the expansion.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

I don't get it. I've just been playing for a short time but changes happen in games. Some are good. Some are bad. But if you REALLY like the game you'll keep playing. But if you want to quit then quit! Why make a big production number out of it? I don't like this I'm quitting I don't like that I'm quitting! Give me a frigging break! I think everyone is sick of posts like this. If you want to quit then quit already! Sorry for ranting. :)
  10. Malleria Well-Known Member

While most threads are a bit over the top, feedback as to why one is leaving the game is very important for SOE. Their online survey that pops up when you cancel a subscription is woefully inadequate, and if a change is annoying you to the point of quiting I'm sure SOE does want to know about it.
  11. Leloes Well-Known Member

The thing is it's one thing giving constructive criticism but just giving nothing that helps SOE out is just a waste of time. Give some real reasons why you're thinking of quitting not just bellyaching about changes. If some changes are going to make you quit gaming then you never were a gamer in the first place.
  12. Hammdaddy Active Member

Good quit.
  13. Rotherian Well-Known Member

In the case of this thread, all we know for certain is that something about the NotD and possibly the upcoming Frostfell content made the OP angry. Other than that, we don't really have any solid data*.

* Except for the OP also being irked about the stat requirements for ToV zones - which the OP admits they haven't purchased yet.
  14. Malleria Well-Known Member

Yes, this thread doesn't have any specifics. I was replying to the general theme of these 'I quit' threads. Y'all nitpick for the sake of nitpicking >.<
  15. Leloes Well-Known Member

If OP gave constructive criticism I could see it but to me nothing that was posted, to me, was really anything more than I'm mad because blah blah. And gripping about something she hasn't even bought makes no sense. Plus, what was wrong with NOTD. What was her problem with it? Maybe I misread the post but I didn't see any reasoning behind her and her husband being upset.
  16. Leloes Well-Known Member

Malleria, that was my whole point. If you're going to quit then quit. Don't make a drama out of it.
    Wurm likes this.
  17. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Good bye, sad to see you go, but if you arent having fun then its time to stop playing.
  18. oldskool Active Member

More info here I think:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2...-early-but-for-frostfell.542169/#post-6000994

Specifically I think its the change is around making the Frostfell Fanatic a Achievement think like the NOTD devotee.

19. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

But why is that so devastating? I still don't get it...
  20. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I'm not going to say I understand why the change from token to achievement is a deal breaker for you. I admit I prefer questing challenges to achievement challenges myself, and am always sad when a quest goes away, but not enough to quit over it.