Dirge's Deity?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Skadi187, Jan 19, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

I'm easily bashed, Lord and all the mobs in the world know, but very difficult to abash. Sorry, not ashamed, my dear. There are as many opportunities for mischief in Qeynos as in Freeport, actually.
    Maybe it's the self-respect that's the problem. Naaah.
    Whysp
  2. ARCHIVED-Didi Guest

The fifth quest in every god quest series rewards you with a cloak.

I don't know of anywhere there are screenshots of all the cloaks but I know Tunare = green, Marr = blue, Rallos = red and grey quarters, Innoruuk = purple. I also know Brell and Ro are very difficult to complete the cloaks, while Innoruuk and Tunare can be soloed.

Stat wise here are the links I have collected, most of the cloaks I have seen have both a caster and a melee version however and I don't have both versions of every cloak. (e.g. I know the Cloak of Hatred has a Health tap choice also.)

[IMG]

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

Message Edited by Didi on 01-25-2007 07:06 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Martrae Guest

The beer thing was suggested during beta as a joke since Brell is associated with beer....and one of the devs loved it and there we are.
  4. ARCHIVED-Madmoon Guest

Whysprr@Kithicor wrote:
    Where is this FAQ? I did a search on diety FAQs, and so far, this thread is the closest I have come. Anyone have a link to a diety FAQ anywhere?
  5. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

[p]The Dirge FAQ, stickied at this forum top, my dear. [/p][p]Whysp[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Hazeroth Guest

Louder@Vox wrote:
    It proc ever time a hostile spell successfuly lands on a mob. (resists don't count)
    But it goes much deeper then what you expect.
    I took Ro as well when EoF went Live.
    Ro's Fury is one of the best for bards because of this.
    Dirges have 7 AoE's 4 of which can be spam clicked on and off.
    Any item or spell that has a "On every successful Hostile spell" that includes every target in the encounter that is effected by the spell and it doesn't have to be spell damage, a debuff will suffice.
    I have a Stone of Nizara that has the same wording. And it as a 2.2 chance to proc. Every mob in an the encounter has a chance to get feared (seperately from all the others) EVERY time I cast CCC, Daro's, Zander's, Discante, Banshee, the other encounter Aoe, I'm not sure if Wail of Woe does too, but if it does is seems to be a very rare occurance, one of these days I'm going to Blow a Ro's Fury just to see if that one does too.
    Anyway, the same holds true for Ro's Fury. In 2 Seconds you can put out your 4 Debuffs and also at the same time do an average of 5360 damage on a 4 mob encounter, or 1340 damage on a single target all by just putting out your debuffs and for nor more then a 100 Power expenditure.
    Add on the fact you can click them all off and reappy them super fast for more damage and you got your self a potent combo for large encounters. with almost no power.
    Like Harongats, I use Incinerate, but one of these days I want to experiement with the other blessings and Miracles.
    Only down side of Ro is alot of the ablities are tailored to fire damage and the Robe sucks for Dirge damage. But it can be a blessing too since only a few are really good for us we don't have to debait over which one to get.
  7. ARCHIVED-XHousedog Guest

Can i keep the old cloak if i change gods? I'm using sol ro by now and think about marr .. but i want to be able to switch between the two cloaks depending on the situation .. Thanks in advance for your help. Housedog
  8. ARCHIVED-Isard Guest

Yes, I believe you can use the old diety cloak.

I went with Ro for the Fury of Ro ability since as many others have posted there isn't one clear choice for Dirges.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tanarion Guest

[p]Id say go with sol ro.[/p][p]1.You get incenerate =)[/p][p]2.The cloak increases spell damage so that is actually pretty good because its constant.Unlike marr's cloak which is a chance to proc.[/p][p]There are also some other miracles/blessings he has to do some good damage.[/p][p]This is for dirges other scouts i dont know.[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Xyran Guest

[/p][p] [/p][p]Actually I have nothing but self respect now that I betrayed Freeport. My Dark Elf Dirge feels very ashamed that he ever let a pathetic human lich, such as Lucan, have any say in how he lived his life.[/p][p] [/p][p]but on the subject of Deitys I went with Solusek Ro for Ro's fury and Incinerate, and as a RP reason as my Dirge is my Wizard from EQ1's son, and he was a follower of Sol as well. [/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Winterborne Guest

The cloak of hatred looks right up my alley.
  12. ARCHIVED-bigmac21 Guest

If your a raiding dirge, Deity really doesn't matter. For one thing, if your pulling avatars then ur faction goes to **** and to me I'd rather transmute most of my loot than sacrifice it. It just takes too much to bring your faction back up. Second of all, you will probably replace your cloak with Mayong's cloak which adds like 2% crit to everything. So it really depends on if your raiding and if you are what type of stuff your raiding. Hopefully they add quests to the game to bring your god faction back up, but untill then the miracles and blessings are just temporary "toys" to play with.