dirge? what is your opinion?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-bobjones1990, Dec 7, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-bobjones1990 Guest

My brother recnetly got to lvl 19, and selected dirge as his subclass choice. He then thought he made a mistake, and tried to get the quest reset (no luck, but i can understand the GM's limitations), but after i slept on it over the night. I'm starting to think he actually made the right choice. So i really must know, how do Dirges stack up agaisnt their troubador bretheren? I really don't have any knowledge in this field, due to the fact that i have never grouped with/played a dirge or a troubador. I am a lvl 19 mystic, well, i just finished subclass quest, me and him duo alot, with sometimes the help of my best firend (a crusader.......who happens to trail behind us in lvls, so we don't really group with him much anymore :smileytongue:) But i am really getting off topic here. So back to my question, how do dirges stack up against troubadors? What are their pros, cons, are they fun? Can they solo well? Are they wanted in groups?

My brother's tactics seem very agressive in combat. As he, at every chance does damage abilities, and uses them MUCH more often then most buffs.

I would like to hear from a dirge if this class is a good class/fun class.
  2. ARCHIVED-Donnie_Doritos Guest

The only gripe as a Dirge I have is getting fear at 26 while Troubadors get Charm at 21
  3. ARCHIVED-pheonyxe Guest

Yeah but thats to make up for them not being a dirge :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Rungar Guest

dirges rock,

though you need to be somewhat skilled to play one well.

great solo and in groups.
  5. ARCHIVED-iscariotVS Guest

good fun and useful. I suppose you could argue that if hes a good character then being a dirge will not get you the benefit of the song that changes you into a dark elf that you get as troubador. Being a good dirge and being able to change into a high elf seems like a wasted song to me, but its a minor point.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ailsa Guest

What's that? Don't Dirges (no matter what their city affiliation) get the Dark-Elf Disguise song and Troubadors (no matter what their city affiliation) get the High-Elf disguise song? At least that is what it says over on www.thescoutssanctuary.com

Can someone confirm this?
  7. ARCHIVED-Avocet Guest

I know I've been enjoying my dirge. I'm actually kind of liking Crypt's Quiet a lot. It's a free 68dmg or so everytime someone in the group procs it, and it seems like it goes off all the time. I also have a pair of wieghted spatha of battle and with them I do damage like a monk in EQlive. I love being a dirge.
  8. ARCHIVED-Slavadan Guest

I absolutely adore playing a dirge. Granted I haven't got to the point where I can solo efficiently, yet I haven't had any trouble finding a group since I made the switch and grouping is much more fun than soloing. I have yet to see a troubador in action so I can't compare them per se. I picked the dirge class back when the classes were first released and haven't looked back.