Dirge FAQ

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd, Apr 12, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Arklaed Guest

Im bumping this coz Dirges are so kewl. Any kwestions?
  2. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

Kurai -- please do, it'd be a blessing. Otherwise I'll have to /respec to figure out what the choices are, lazy thing that I am.

Best,

Whysprr
    Message Edited by Whysprr on 05-26-2006 10:39 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

You don't need to bump this caust it is stickied at the top of the forum. Also, bumping threads isn't allowed by forum rules and get threads locked.

Whysprr- I'll do that. might take me a few days, I'm busy beta testing the new adv pack and trying to get decent gear on live.
  4. ARCHIVED-Carnagh Guest

Best class FAQ ever.... it's nothing to do with me (I'm a Brigand), but I still read it all. Good stuff :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

Added discussion of Master 2 choices, link to spell list, various little updates and edits. Thanks for the nice comments!

Whysprr
  6. ARCHIVED-Spectralmist Guest

/applaud!
    Having just started a baby Dirge, this FAQ was an interesting read.
    Well, this FAQ would have been an interesting read regardless - but still, lots of good info here...
    Thanks!
  7. ARCHIVED-goyom Guest

Fantastic FAQ.
  8. ARCHIVED-DwarvesRUs Guest

Like this?

[IMG]

Great FAQ! Thx for a fun read!
    As to why you don't get dates. . maybe you're just not a Freeportian High Elf Dirge in a complete suit of Feysteel Brigandine?
  9. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

>DwarvesRus said: "As to why you don't get dates. . maybe you're just not a Freeportian High Elf Dirge in a complete suit of Feysteel Brigandine?"

>Whysprr said: "...you couldn’t tell a well-equipped ratonga from a well-equipped high elf, unless of course you had a sense of smell and / or a snootiness detector. "

I ask you; can I call 'em or can I call 'em?

And I knew replacing my cobalt with those Fabled pieces was a mistake.

[IMG]

Best,

Whysprr

P.S. Thanks, SSumthing.
    Message Edited by Whysprr on 05-31-200607:06 PM
    Message Edited by Whysprr on 05-31-2006 10:33 PM
    Message Edited by Whysprr on 05-31-2006 10:35 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-ssumthing Guest

I am a troubador, that had already half decided to betray to dirge after the next LU... After reading this I'm sold!

Simply awesome post... very informative with a great twist, made it an interesting read! .....very much deserving of a sticky....

:smileyhappy:
  11. ARCHIVED-ssumthing Guest

Whysprr, www.photobucket.com is what I use. Just sign up, it is free, and works well for hosting pictures.
  12. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

Should probably add linky to FAQ. You can use it too look up armor, items etc... It is especially useful for spells cause you can look at what damage they do with your stats.

Format for using it

/tell crushbone.linky getitem <text>

For example to get the listings for Scream of Death

/tell crushbone.linky getitem Scream of Death

To look at all the cool relic armor:

/tell crushbone.linky getitem Sonorant

After typing in those commands, Linky will send you the Links for them. Linky is up most times but not always.

Message Edited by Salmastryon on 06-03-2006 11:59 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Linky also does best match, so you can look up multiple items with similar names. Of if you don't know the whole name, you can give it part.
  14. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

I'm not in a position to check this right now, but 2 questions:
    1. Is the 'crushbone' bit part of the command syntax? Why? Is it /tell <servername>.linky getitem Screaming Ferret Socks
    2. Is this part of a dirge FAQ or a general game FAQ? The dirge part is plenty for me to maintain, thank you very much, not trying to do every bloody nifty game feature.
    What's the origin of this thing anyway? Is it SOE or something else? The whole development structure and linkage of this game is just fascination.
    Whysprr
  15. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

1. Crushbone is where the Linky characterbot is located, hence why you tell crushbone.linky.
    2. General FAQ but OH SO USEFUL! =) Its not an SOE thing; or that is to say not SOE maintained (the info Linky returns to us is of course available due to SOE sharing this information)
    Linky tells who maintains Linky at the end of any request for information from Linky, so one can follow up with Linky on that. I've been abusing Linky since I learned of Linky, yesterday. (Kurai told me!)
  16. ARCHIVED-Anvilhead Guest

I'm sometimes amazed that more people don't know about Linky. I'm spoiled since I'm on Crushbone though. I've been abusing Linky for over a year.

He can give some help ingame too. Though usually its more helpful to go to the website that he spits back at the end of any query.

Also, If your search yields more than 20 results, he'll tell you that but only display the first 20 links.

We used to use him for looking at the rare crafted armor at each new tier (tell linky getitem pristine forged cobalt). He's VERY useful since he will do partial searches. You're not stuck remembering the exact name of an item.
  17. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

People beat me to your other questions. :)

I certainly don't think you should turn this into a general FAQ. That being said I don't know how many times I've seen people on the forums or in the dirge channel trying to figure out the difference in a Luda's Adept III they haven't made yet and that Master they've been eyeing on the market. It usually involves arithmatic with people's int or str, or dirge's stripping themselves naked. So, while technically it isn't a Dirge only tool... I think it wouldn't hurt this time to bend the rules.

Of course you can also look at it this way, I've already slapped it into you FAQ thread anyway, so people are going to know about it :p .
  18. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Part of the reason people OFF Crushbone don't know about Linky is that prior to the KoS release, item links didn't work across servers. Now they do. =)
  19. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

I'll drop it in next time I do an edit.

And I'd just like to say, the less encouragement we give to dirges stripping themselves naked, the better. There are enough terrible sights in the world as it is.

Whysprr
  20. ARCHIVED-Lunnagirl Guest

:smileyvery-happy: but... but... naked dirges are so much fun to pick on! *forgets to heal Sorschae*