Dirge DPS

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-weirdguy508, Sep 4, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-weirdguy508 Guest

I was just wondering what DPS looks like in higher end groups.
  2. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

Its very much dependent on your gear and the group makeup, and what you are killing (eg., are you spending time debuffing/rezzing etc.), and timing your autoattacks. I have T2/T3 armour with some misc fabled pieces and my mythical. My dps varies from about 1500-5000 dps. I probably average around 2500-3000 in a good group; definitely not on the high end of the parse usually, but decent enough I guess.
  3. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

I have T1 armor and no fabled or mythical (yet). With a few fabled pcs here and there (maybe three or four total) and I'm only hitting about 1000 average. Then again, I'm still trying to get casting order right and such. Plus, I find the 4.0 weapon delay very hard to get used to vs my Monk's faster delay. So I'm still trying to get used to timing as well. And in the longer, harder fights, I generally spend the first few seconds (at least) debuffing and casting CoB.
    I've seen dirge parses average around 2500-3000 though, so that's what I'm shooting for.
  4. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

I have to say that I found it much easier to get my timing down (and my dps up) when I installed the auto attack audio trigger for ACT. It dings everytime my auto attack goes off, helping me time my abilities. It also lets me know when I am too far away (no dinging because I am out of range) and how much I'm doubleattacking (multiple dings!). I believe the Profit UI has a melee meter similar to the casting meter which can also help (I use default UI other than EQ2maps).
  5. ARCHIVED-AndrewSquared Guest

Eveningsong wrote:
    ProfitUI does indeed have a melee swing meter similar to a casting bar.
  6. ARCHIVED-Krooner Guest

Mix of T3 and three tier 4 armor. Good raid items and charms + Mythical.
    Im specced a little more defensive than other Dirges so Im almost always in the MT group.
    On fights where I dont have to rez or do other things I average 4-7K
    If I have to do some rezzes or such I usually drop to 2.5 to 3K.
    I use two 4.0 delay weapons. Mythical + Marrows song.
    I usually put up two Danak stones. No choker yet.
  7. ARCHIVED-Killque Guest

I can max parse 6.5k on a dummy solo. I have seen parses upwards of 10k solo on dummies from Dirge with much better gear than I.
    I have Mythical, Razor Sharp Saber and 3 Pieces TSO, boots, wrists and gloves. The rest is WOE Upgraded Class Gear.
  8. ARCHIVED-Rorez Guest

training dummy: (00:21) | 201601 | 9600 | Rore-Luda's Nefarious Wail-7797
    Rore | 9600
    I've done about the same on raids before, but its kinda rare that I get everything lined up perfect like on a raid ;/
  9. ARCHIVED-spellbound75 Guest

Two Rillisian Rager wetstones? I thought they just work on primary weapon and don't stack.
    Codinn
    Dirge AD Everfrost server
  10. ARCHIVED-risenwillfall Guest

Dirges can be dps machines... On anything that takes more than 30 seconds to die I do anything from 11k-16k the longer the fight the better especially since we have nothing for burst damage. Anything over 1:30 tho I see it level off around 12k ish. Of course that's in ideal situations when I don't have to Rez anyone and my TS is up or swash AE avoid for all aoes.
  11. ARCHIVED-Aquemeni Guest

Also depends on how quickly your healer(s) are curing you.
    My biggest problem is actually getting to play my Dirge....
    go go sucky Clerics!
  12. ARCHIVED-Killque Guest

Update, 9.8k highest solo parse.