Dirge Deleted?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Loxfin, May 18, 2017.

1. Loxfin New Member

Why have dirges been nerfed so bad?
    Are they going to delete the class and just make all scouts beastlords, troub and brigs?
    List what broken classes you know of and why.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Wizard & Warlock

Fiery Blast & absolutely GARBAGE epic 2.0 spells(wizard)
    Focused casting and b+ at best epic spells (warlock)

Swashbuckler

Any single target dps

Coercer

Epic 2.0 spells

Assassin

Reset rune

I think that's it.
  3. Carni Active Member

I still have fun with my dirge, but I don't do garbage pvp and such with any character. Last year was more fun when we got actual content to play in, for solo groups and raids.
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

nah nowadays Ranger is flavor of x-pack
  5. Stach Well-Known Member

Rezzing - dirges are the master of this
  6. Shimahra New Member

I know what you mean Loxfin. Having just returned to the game after an extended break, I am finding it disheartening to find groups on my dirge. Two days ago there was a call put out in General channel for a bard to do an expert zone, I sent the person a tell and told them my resolve (353 and potency 25k) - they invited me to the group, then they saw that I was a dirge and other group members (yes mages) said to kick me and get a troub - which is exactly what they did. This has been the theme of things since coming back to EQ2. I've been told by numerous people to betray to a troub if I want to get into groups. The disparity between the bard classes is beyond ridiculous.
    (And before anyone flames me for answering an old post - get over it, move on)
  7. Fairin Active Member

you mean necros, who cast it faster.

ahh you made me respond to a necro post Shim ><
  8. Xpect New Member

Basically dirges are a tank/scout support class. The problem is that their buffs have been supplanted by changes to the mechanics in the game......troubs used to be the mage group utility member with dirges in the main tank group for raids....now folks want troubs over dirges in most any group........betray to troub....I did for mine after ranting on the boards at the unfairness of life....but I miss them damn rezzes lol!
  9. Lowratio Member

I always find these posts sad. Not because they are true, or because they are a good troll. But because someone is just tossing a comment in the air to see if anything sticks. If you have any supporting evidence at all, I would be happy to see it.
  10. Wizx13 Member

The reason dirges are not really preferd right now is because the troub is magic buffs and ascensions rule this xpac
  11. bonzo4880 New Member

Wow! I've been playing a Dirge as my main for 8 years and i'm not getting any love lately. I usually end up rezzing in groups and really not much else. I want to switch to a different class altogether but with o much time invested in my Dirge i have a hard time letting him go. Not sure I want to betray
  12. knine Well-Known Member

If your healers are bad lol.
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

not only that

dirge hate buff way less good than troub dehate group buff

troub have AV

dirges are not the best combat rezzer anymore, slow rez .. but since they always go to rez .. they lose damage

troub have jester's cap, dirges don't have anything as good, gravitas is a bit useless now weeing how priests overheal

troubs aria of magic has 30% proc chance and with orange rune is sure to proc off of CA AND spells. the dirge's dead calm only 12% chance, ok on all melee hit, CA AND auto .. but so it's not usefull for mages. and seeing how fast can can cast CAs and spells with reuse and cast at100% .. aria of magic is way better

troubs get 9 fervor to the group, dirges get uncontested parry to the group

and so on ..

u need only one dirge, in tank group, for uncontested parry ... and other buffs but not for hate, not for rez, ... fortunately they have VC :)
    Wizx13 likes this.