Different Stats on Different Items !

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by hashisfun, Feb 12, 2014.

1. hashisfun New Member

hello everybody, i've just started playing the game a few days ago & am unable to decipher anything about the stats. a few questions in general are given below....anything other insight apart from the questions is very welcome :)

1) why do we have enchants going over 100% ?
    2) i was reading something about auto attacks getting hindered due to fast swings/actions. the stats on a weapon won't be permanent ? or even if not permanent then if they are active for maybe 30 secs then blade keeps swinging many times during that period and the buff/enchant just revives after the 30 sec !?
    3) assuming point one is clarified then what is the right combination to achieve for best results.
    4) in what order would you rate crit damage or crit possibility or other enchants (keeping in mind a ranger using ranged weapons).
    5) why is speed so slow o ranged weapons ? this usually makes using ranged weapon once and then using melee weapons....defeating the purpose of range weapons.
    6) how close can a person get to 100% resistance/immunity from any kind of magic
    7) what is an attunable item and how exactly does it work ?
    8) do all modifiers on different items add up or use a particular formula for stacking up.
    9) is there something a person should know about enchants....like these 2 enchants do not work together or anything else like that.
    10) is there any enchant to drain health & if there is then why do i not see those enchants on the items listed with the broker ?

11) if possible then please state the best items (along with the enchants) according to you for ranged ranger for lvl 80-90 & for lvl 90+

there were many other things that i was confused about....but hopefully the answers to the above will clarify most of the other not asked questions as well :)

thanks in advance for the replies and assistance that anybody provides :)

-hash
  2. Lucus Well-Known Member

1) based on your second question you mean for this game's "procs" or adornments procs: these can come from non-white adornments or can be already present on a weapon. other stats can come in adornments of various colors and when naturally on a weapon for example are referred to as blue stats.
    2) this is min-maxing, each time you press an ability right as you are about to auto attack it delays the auto attack in favor of the ability. each proc has different effects, duration and cooldown, there are some temporary adornments that last few hours then disappear.
    3) depends on the class and own personal preference for ranger but there's a minimum expectation of a good amount of CB, potency, multiattack, flurry and AE auto and of course the right critical chance for heroics/raids

4) crit chance is important for all classes to run heroics etc, rangers use a good chunk of crit bonus, potency, multi-attack and flurry to boost their damage up.
    5) as a dps toon or abilities hit harder, having a longer delay means for each attack cycle we can pump out more combat art damage.
    6) the cap for arcane/elemental/noxious resistances is 75% which can be gained easily at top level

7)attunable items are tradable that once a character equips becomes attuned and cannot be traded or placed in the shared bank.
    8) different stats stack up differently, ability mod simply stacks numerically up for example where as multi-attack has a curve when you reach to point where your multi attack chance is 100% (note this is not the direct number display on your character sheet) after you hit that 100% MA (around 135) for each point added is at a diminishing returns and is capped at 200 on the character sheet.
    9) procs that share a name do not stack even if they are different versions.
    10) not all adornments are tradable some have to be bought off a vendor or popped off an item (in the case of yellow adornments in CoE)
    11) the best items depend on if you want to run heroics and/or raid, there are good heroic items like Aerakyn Novelty Card. take a look at my ranger's gear and stats here, I'm not geared to the highest degree and my stats aren't where i want them but i do well in all the heroics i've run with him.
  3. hashisfun New Member

thks m8....i do appreciate the input/answers that you have given/provided :)

your answered have further raised some issues (on my end) which need some more clarification. i shall first search for answer and try to understand more about it before before posting it here and troubling you :)

thks

-hash
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Could you clarify what you mean by "enchants"? Do you mean adornments that get added to gear to boost stats or do you mean the blue stats themselves?

Some zones have a zone wide debuff, so that you need to have a stat over 100 just to get to 100 in that zone. Some stats "roll over" into other useful stats once you reach a certain level (often called soft cap) in them. Dragonsarmory.com is a good place to look at your character and see what the caps are and what they can roll over into.
  5. hashisfun New Member

http://prntscr.com/2s95zo

this is my sword amongst other items which i got from SOE/EQ2 with my character.
    when i say encahnts i meant the blue ink eg. 18.9% attack speed or 18.9 DPS etc. as the regular sword would be with 78-435 damage and the blue ink is enchanted obtained from crafting (basically from other games, but i'll get the hang of EQ2 as well). i would assume that seals/enchants would vary accoring to level as well as from levels of crafting (better seals depicted in maybe red ink and worse seals depicted in yellow color....just an example).

what exactly are procs ? are the seals/enchants that i have listed above as the example !?
    and what exactly are adornments ? i am pretty confused lol.

if i was to go by the order that you mentioned then would if safe to assume the in terms of importnace the various seals according to their importance are as follows;
    a) crit chance
    b) crit bonus
    c) multi attack - for ranged would it mean to consecutive hits or what ?
    d) poency - what is this ?
    e) flurry - what is this ?

how does attunement work ? i would assume that n attunable item would be 'bound' to you and another regular item can be worn on top that ! this would be my understanding....but if it is not like that then what is the point of an attunable item and what is the difference between it and a regular item. or is an attunable items simply a 'cover' to make your items look better and that they have no stats at all !?

when you say 'procs of same name do not stack' (here i would assume that a proc is an item like my ring with x seals/enchants). i received 2 of the same wrist bands and rings and earings etc which i am wearing....are they not sacking up and is one of them redundant !?

one thing i noticed from your gear....your gear at the bottom says addornment slots: white, white, purple....what exaclt is that lol.

i am beginning to understand AA and how it works, i hope to understand it in the upcoming days (hopefully). i supposedly have 340 AA which i have have changed according to me....what is the 281 that i show in the bottom of my screen ?

could you please post the best gear according to you for lvl85 and for lvl90 and for 95 if possible....whatever is the best according to you :)

dragonsarmory shows me as http://prntscr.com/2s9gqr ....i have no clue about those figures/numbers lol.

i also discovered this site https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/some-of-the-current-systems-formulas.542211/ ....and again i did not understand a thing as i don't have the basic understanding of these numbers. but one thing i clear....that 100% is not a 100% lol.

what is zone wide debuff and what gets spilled over to what lol.

my dear friends....please do remember that i just started playing just a couple of days ago and hence have a LOT to understand and grasp. patience is a virtue....which needs to be exercised at your end towards a noob like me :)
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Crit bonus is how hard your critical hits hit for
    multi-attack is for auto-attack (both ranged and melee) it's a chance for your auto-attack to hit more then once right away.
    Potency is a multiplier to the base damage or your combat arts, spells, heals, etc. 10% potency would increase the base damage by 10%, etc
    Flurry is a chance for your auto-attack to hit the same mob 4 times.

Also, as Dulcenia asked, can you explain what you mean by 'enchants'?
  7. hashisfun New Member

i thought i mentioned/clarified about enchants in my post....must have slipped my mind and my apologies for the same.

when i say enchants i mean the stuff in blue on an item ink eg. 18.9% attack speed or 18.9 DPS etc.
  8. Ranga Active Member

You will get much better advice if you stop talking about seals and enchantments :)

Here is a good thread posted by devs that is specific to the Tears Of Veeshan expac (current) which will tell you about character stats, soft caps (which can roll over into other stats when over-cap), hard caps and the like. EDIT: sry just noticed you have already seen this.

Look up the definition (Wiki or Zam) for:

Item stats
    Blue stats
    Procs
    Adornments
    Temporary adornments
    Green adornments
    Gems

Then, when your questions use the correct terminology, people will not have to guess what you mean when giving their advice. To be really effective, you need to learn this stuff anyways :)

Something that might help you to understand is to go look at the broker and search for adornments and other items and see what their description is; they even say what items/slots they can be used on.