Diety Pets

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Zheen, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Zheen Guest

I have a simple request..... Please let me tell my big lion to stay! As a Fae, my lion is taller than me and is always wanting to cover me and my vision. We used to be able to tell them to stay in one place...but now its gone. I hate telling him to go home so please let me to tell him to stay. Thank you for listening
  2. ARCHIVED-Zhaal Guest

Pets are ok for a short while, and nice to see someone with a lion following, but when fighting they are annoying and always manage to get in the way. I've been in groups that tell you to store your deity pet or you're out of the group.. guess people are getting fed up with them.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zheen Guest

The reason for my request is that I raid often and I would like to tell my pet to stay at the beginning of the zone so they don't get in the way.
  4. ARCHIVED-Oxanda Guest

Considering that not all classes (including mine) can park their deity pets at this state i'ld love to have a little dispute with the leaders of those groups *giggles But i agree, it's unbearable how it currently is
  5. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

[p]Deity pets are nothing more than just cosmetic buffs, doesnt make sense to create too much data to process images which block the view in raids, and more lag effects is all we dont need.[/p][p]either make them stay, or change to buff spell, and less stress on memory space and better server performances. with 24 deity pets plus necro/conjourer pets is too much and could cause few players went deadlinked. SOE has to think twice before adding more dumb internet drains.[/p][p]pets are normally seen at houses and summoners. we dont need more zoo effects at raids with mini me giants, flying birds, imps, and lions making healers difficult to target player that need heals asap, and it rough for main tankers that need to target closest hostile mobs. those pets dont need our attentions and they are not hostile which shouldnt be targetable. remove those annoying visual pets that just do buffs, less polygon counts the better performances and less deadlinked members.[/p][p]since they were added, and renderings had becoming a major problem, it cause a drain when we should see brokers, bankers, and boats at docks required time to give rendering, delaying for 2-3 mins isnt good and missed boat ride few times, sometime it just vanished and could fall thru the world. [/p][p]deity fluff pets are nice to have, but not allowed in raids depend on how heavy graphically zone, we had to ban capes and pets except conjourers and necros, because of too much animations effects.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Lunah Guest

Yes please make them either all parkable..or just a buff. It is a pain to have them surrounding a group and makes targetting a nightmare. Really all they are is a stat buff with a pretty graphic..even just a option to turn them off for those of us who just want the buff would be superb!
  7. ARCHIVED-JinjAB Guest

Or make them small, real small and with no name?
  8. ARCHIVED-Legiax Guest

[p]im all for having them, just make them useable, e.g. so alt+p controls them.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Oxanda Guest

I'ld already be happy to have a graphical option to turn off all fluff, deity and swarm pets, at least on PVE servers. That would increase my system's fps on raids by at least 50% :D
  10. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

Thats the reason the controls were taken away, because it interfered with regular pet controls and pet function. As a standard buff you can either use them or not, id rather it was just a buff without the pet but it should never have pet controls ever again unless they give multiple pet windows.
  11. ARCHIVED-Amocus Guest

Its been mentioned before, but I have to agree, all diety pets should be buffs that can have the illusion hidden. In a group situation, or god forbid a raid in a small area, things become unmanagable with all those things up.
  12. ARCHIVED-Balic Guest

[p]In their current state they are really only usable while soloing or in very small groups, especilly the large ones. [/p][p]I somewhat disagree in that I think that their buffs really aren't bad and I know I would use mine all the time if I were able.[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

[p]Cant make them controllable. as that really messes things up for normal pet classes.[/p][p]They just need to be switched to a buff with optional bonus pet graphic.[/p][p](ie, change the current summon spell god quest reward, into two spell rewards instead. one is a buff spell, one is a summon pet spell. )[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Velocidad Guest

I kinda like seeing my lil fat guys on occasion but they can degrade performance in raid settiings as mentioned. I would like to see them as a straight buff. But I also wouldn't mind if it were an illusion/buff. That way atleast those that want to look like a mini giant, mummy, wisp, lion or whatever can do so. While those that don't can just go into Persona and tick the Hide My Illusion button.
  15. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

For me, the biggest problem with having one is that it seems to have it's default location -exactly- where my character is. As a wizard in a group that's not as bad of a problem since I rarely look at what I'm targeting anyway, but soloing it makes targeting around him a nuisance (the Ro imp is about the same size as a small gnomish female). The Achievement pet (familiar) does a much better job of staying off to the side some where. But.. because of the size of some of the diety pets, I, too, would like a way to park 'em, even if it's a special command set, such as, "/dietypet stay".
  16. ARCHIVED-Devout Disciple Guest

[p]Frankly I'd just like way to mute just the pet....not cut the sound from everything else in the game but just that annoying pet....hell if anybody knows a way to just mute em please tell me......[/p][p] Sitting there listening to the Brell diety pet gets a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit aggervating after that Nth time........[/p][p]gruuummmmm gruuumm gruuuummmmmm.....gruuummmm gruuummmm grummmmmmm.......*with annoying shuffling of rock sounds added in* (trying to give a picture of how reallllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy annoying this is)[/p]