Did I waste an xp pot?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Xianthia, Jul 1, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Maybe I don't understand the use/benefit of the xp tradeskill pots, but if someone with some patience can explain would be awesome :)
    I am trying to level a provisioner (ugh and I thought leveling a tailor was bad :p )
    I crafted for about an hour and noticed my xp was going really really slow... making 20 of any item was giving me approximately 9 to 10% (that's with 2 lvl80 crafters on the account). So I decided well let me claim one of the xp pots as i'm never leveling this toon adventure wise. I use tradeskill pot (55% one) and on the next 20 items I got exactly 10%.
    So...... how did I benefit from the xp tradeskill pot and the two 80s on the account, what am i missing in understanding how they work?
    My apologies if this is a confusing way to phrase the question :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Kigneer Guest

Xianthia wrote:
    You probably burned through the double XP, and now on "normal" XP for tradeskilling. Quickest way to level at 70+ is doing rush orders, it rewards extra tradeskill XP and gives you status. Park your character until the tradeskilling is back to 100% (if you have multiple crafters, rotate each tradeskiller like this, so you can continuely level them up without a long wait inbetween). Then get the rush writs and tradeskill until it's 0% again. When you reach level 78, just burn through it all to 80 -- normal XP or not, as for a Provie it won't be terribly long to get there. Also, get the tinkered items for critical success and other tradeskill bonus items that will increase those crits. Another option is putting 5 points in the TSO tradeskilling progress line and just respeccing after you hit 80. With some crit items and that, you'll breeze faster on the longest combine rate to 80 in the game -- Provisioners get zero respect or love to reach 80. BTW, faction crafting also rewards tradeskill XP. There's 3 for RoK as it is and BW is required for your masters cloak and earring.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Ty for that, i'll try the rush/work orders to advance some :)
    but still doesn't explain why the xp pot didn't work; I guess that's the part that's confusing me. Where in the crafting do I see how much benefit did I get from using one, or once the double xp is gone the xp pot won't work?
    but again, ty, I'll try the rush orders as getting to level provi is hard work!
    :)