Did I screw myself over 3-4 years ago?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by SupremeNinja21, Oct 16, 2016.

1. SupremeNinja21 New Member

So about 3-4 years ago I was working on my epic 1.0. If I recall correctly, I completed the first quest, so I got the weapon, but halfway through the second quest, I completed epic repercussions, and never went back to finish it. Did I screw myself over of these new epic 2.0s? Since I never finished the second quest. Sorry if I'm not making a lot of sense, I haven't played in awhile, and just heard about these epic 2.0s, and got curious.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

In theory, if you still have the quest in your log, you can pick up where you left off.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

Post your character name and server and we can lookup your character on EQ2U and see where you're at.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

Sounds like you got your fabled epic (heroic content), but stopped part way through the mythical (raid content). In which case you're fine :)
  5. xpsync Active Member

You know i think I'm having Total Recall, way back when this was new, is this when a huge font server announcement would flash right on your screen for every player that accomplished this? (Hands down its got to be the most annoying feature I've ever experienced in a game) but anyway if it is then it's when everyone i played with left and myself shortly after because they bailed. Would make sense why the quest was in my journal but not completed.
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

The message flashing (which at the time was a great accomplishment and I didn't mind the message at all) was for the MYTHICAL version of the weapon. You only need to have done the FABLED quested version.
    xpsync likes this.
  7. xpsync Active Member

Yes at first it was cool, unfortunately later on when it either became easier or peeps were running players though for plat it became an annoying spam message.
  8. Azian Well-Known Member

I'm with Feldon on this, I never viewed that as a "spam message" even when it was happening a lot. It's not as if it disrupted my game play.

To the OP, looks like you are already set and ready to work on Epic 2.0 when that time comes.
  9. Xakrein Well-Known Member

Eh, I kind of agree, if we're talking DoV+, where the content was so trivial it really made no sense for Norrath to be still as Randomname completes a 3+ year old quest against trivial content.

Could have they turned off the server wide message from completing the epic 1.0 mythical quest after it was redundant? If they wanted. Do I actually care that they have not? Nah.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

It was cool at first. Now it's kinda cool again to see just because everyone just went and did ER and a few people wanted to do it the "old fashioned way".
  11. Ratza Well-Known Member

I never thought of it as spam either...:) But....we did have a person on our server who always spammed general chat with "cha ching cha ching" after any myth update outside his guild because he took credit for EVERYONE getting their update even ones not done with his guild or by those who bought updates from his guild. Totally annoying!
  12. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I, if not busy fighting or something, try to send them a congrats. Even if they are a 100 getting the lvl 80 epic. Just because its something that should be done and I want to encourage them to do stuff like that, and to let them know that it was noticed by someone NOT in their guild.
    Cheesenabber and Cyrrena like this.
  13. SupremeNinja21 New Member

Hey, thanks for the responses, so yeah, I completed the fabled, and halfway through the raid one I guess, I did ER. If you wanna check for me, cause I have no clue how, my character is Ninjasupreme on Skyfire
  14. Andrakis Member

I loved those messages at the time. When it came time for my name to flash up on AB, I was stoked with all the congratulation messages. It really felt like an accomplishment getting that mythical.

"Norrath is still for a moment, as Sharafi takes possession of the mythical Cudgel of Obviation."

I never got sick of those messages. Seeing the mythicals people acquired was always nice.
  15. Cheesenabber Active Member

Even now, with them being so trivial, I still do the whole thing (even before 2.0 was announced). If nothing else, while I can solo most of them just fine, it's a fun way for my guildies and I to do something fun and grab some status (from the raid mobs).
    Feldon likes this.
  16. Svenone Well-Known Member

When I did my first Mythical Epic 1.0 ( Go Go Brig Power!) I was proud to see that message, because it said something about my accomplishment and my guilds accomplishments. This was when Return to Kunark was still current and Veeshan's Peak was still a raid-only zone. When my 2nd...3rd...4th...etc. alt got that message it wasn't nearly as special to me, even though Kunark was still current content. Once we could do the epic repurcussions quest I didn't even bother with the mythical portion because I just didn't see the point. That people still want to do it the "old fashioned" way is fine, but to my way of thinking it is not "grats" worthy any more. However, whatever your feelings are regarding the server-wide message, it happens for all mythical accomplishments, not just the mythical epic. The game is designed that way. I see no reason to change it now, just because some are "old".
    Cheesenabber and Tohopka like this.
  17. Cheesenabber Active Member

Some of it is the work leaing up to it. I will DEFINITELY be proud of getting my BL and Channler's done!
  18. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I'm one of those grumpy types who responds to people announcing they dinged a level by saying something like 'good job, you did what you were supposed to do, do it again...' but I did get genuinely enthusiastic for people's weapon spam back in the day (it was spam, but it was happy spam).
  19. Katz Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Sejreia likes this.