Did I just waste my money?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by xOcOx, May 24, 2014.

1. xOcOx Member

I just bought a few things since there is the big sale going on atm for appearance items & mounts.

I bought 2 different combat pet illusions for my Coercer's Possess Essence combat pet. Tried using each illusion item & there are some flashing lights but the pet doesn't change. Tried this a few times, different ways but they don't do anything. Does the Coercer's Possess Essence pet not count as a summoned combat pet, even though I summoned it & it fights for me? This while annoying isn't really major, I guess my Necro gets them...when I eventually get around to playing it.

However I also bought some flying wings, I don't actually care that they can fly I just wanted these particular wings & they don't have any that look like them in the appearance only wing section. Flight wings though apparently count as a mount & can only be seen/appear when in outdoors settings like any other mount. I tried placing them in my cloak slot so I could see them all the time but that doesn't work. Is there any way to have flight wings visible at all times, like even inside a building/dungeon? If not why? There are only 2 sets of appearance wings and none of them are clockwork like the ones I bought. I think that flight capable wings should be able to be appearance as well if we so wish.
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Flight wings are visible inside housing - can't remember about dungeons though.
  3. Rotherian Well-Known Member

That must be only within certain houses. I know when my winged froglok goes to the tradeskill galleon, it displays his cloak instead of his wings. Then when I go back to the GH, the wings are back.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

First question: petamorph wands absolutely do work on coercer's possess essence. I don't know why yours wouldn't be working :(

edit: Is your possessed essence showing as mounted? Apparently a mounted possess essence pet will not be changed by petamorph wands. If you're summoning it from yourself try dismounting, summoning a new pet, then try the petamorph.

Second question: Unfortunately you're right, flight wings are mounts and so do not display in zones that don't display mounts. Yes it would be awesome if they would appear, or be able to be converted into cloak-style appearance wings.
  5. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

They display in Mistmoore Crags Estate - maybe they display in the large houses?
  6. xOcOx Member

Ty Malleria it was indeed a case of the pet being mounted, or in this case "winged" when I summoned it that was stopping the illusion effect. I tried it again with no wings & it worked correctly.

Now we just need to get them to allow flight wings to be displayed in the cloak appearance tab.