Did I fubar my epic 2.0?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Sythe, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Sythe Member

I was going thru the required timelines for my Illy's 2.0 in Great Divide when I did the alternative path with Zalyn. Thinking it didn't matter, I went all the way down the evil line. Now I can't find a way to redeem with Tizmak by starting The Tizmak Adovcate to be able to do any of the Tizmak quests.

Am I able to continue on to work towards my Illy's epic or did I fubar it? :(
  2. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

I don't remember either of those names as questgivers when i did the mage epic. I remember Ose in the great divide until he ran out of stuff, then doing the things mostly on the beach and near the large dinosaur skeletons in cobalt scar, then back to great divide for a priest there for a little bit until ose showed up again in his hut with the option to speak to me to further the quest.

I realize this is vague, I'm just saying I think you are doing some things that are unnecessary for the mage epic and whatever you did should not matter. The Ose guy near the giant turtle will eventually talk to you once you have done enough in great divide and cobalt scar and then back to great divide very briefly.
  3. Sythe Member

Well all I can do is carry on to finish the timeline, I think. I've been to Fens to start the actual quest only not to find the wandering chest and go, "Duh, I missed that or this" :confused:
    The Great Divide timeline should be it but when I realized I couldn't reconcile with the Tizmak, I'm worried that I fubared the requirement. Hopefully the quest just checks the last quest of the timeline and not the entirety of the quests.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You only need to do the Othmir quests in GD. It's about 15 quests in total.
  5. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

I did not finish the great divide timeline, that I know of. There was a point after doing some great divide quests until he left his tent, then doing quite a few cobalt scar quests to get him back to his tent and then back to great divide until he showed up in his tent again. But I definitely did not go around doing all of the feathers or totally finishing the questline like I had to do in sundered frontier. And I certainly don't remember anything about an evil vs good aspect of the quests I needed to do.
  6. Ellah Active Member

There is one point on the othmir questline that asks you to go talk to a gnoll, not sure if that's the bit you mean? If so, check you have the language ad you can't speak to him unless you speak his language.
  7. Sythe Member

I had finished the Cobalt timeline, then went back to finish the GD quest. All the othmir quests are done and was working on the neg tizmak. Prior to the tizmak, I did check Fens but couldn't find the chest. This is why I figured I need to finish out the GD timeline.

The gnoll line is done. In the GD timeline, I had read the map that Z had dropped when I killed him. So next in line for me are the goat peeps.
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You do not need to do the goat quests at all.

The Othmir quests is plenty. If you can't see the chest, you are looking in the wrong spot, and/or are missing other pre-reqs.
    Ellah and Malleria like this.
  9. Ellah Active Member

As Errorr said, not seeing the chest is likely because you're not looking in the right place. The othmir timelines are for later so that Osh will speak to you when you get to that bit.

My advice on getting the chest:
    - Make sure you have done your city and archetype timeline all the way through. You know when this is done when you stand before the Queen or Overlord and get given a cloak. If you're undure,check wiki against your completed quests, or EQ2U.

- Go to fens and stand at the east side of Kurns tower and start running southeast. You will come across a slope that leads up towards the burynai, this is not far from the tower. Wait at the bottom of that slope and you will eventually see the chest. It has quite a long path so you can go hunting for it, but I prefer to wait somewhere that I *know* it will come, and hail it then.

Not sure which server you're on? Maybe I can come show you exactly where I mean.
  10. Sythe Member

Yep got the cloak and have been using the the EQ2wiki to check, but forgot about the EQ2u, so I'll check that as well. I'm on AB.

I followed along the east ridge near the burnai going south to the water edge, then along the shore north till a bit north of the tower, back to the tower, along the east side of the tower, then up the ramp near the burnai post. I'll try waiting at the ramp.

The ramp I'm waiting at is loc -2041 -337 -1391 btw

Thx for the info all. :)
  11. Ellah Active Member

I spent ages flying, then running around looking but had much more success waiting at the ramp.

Let us know if you get it! Good luck!
  12. Sythe Member

spent 1/2 hour before raid time, but no luck. was waiting at the ramp near the burnai station.
  13. Ratza Well-Known Member

The chest roams...I'm not sure how long it takes to make it way along it's path to the ramp you are waiting at.....I didn't wait in one spot...I followed along the path until I found it.
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Also make sure you are in Fens 1. It does not appear in the other versions.
  15. Sythe Member

I should have about a couple of hours to spend on this today.
    I've done both the fly over path and waiting at the ramp.

When the wiki says it follows the edge east of Kurns tower just above the Field of Bone, is that on the grey rock ledge? Or the dirt next to that?
  16. Sythe Member

Ok, just to verify pre-requirements, cuz I've spent an hour at the bottom of the ramp an not seen it yet.
    100 mage (100 illy, duh)
    5 Ascension (8 Thaum)
    Qeynos timeline (got the cloak, Kaedrin's Fate completed)
    Fabled Class Epic Weapon (The Maiden of Masks and The Mirage Star (Epic) completed)

I almost want to seek out dev that wrote this quest and give him/her 15 min to find the chest or die. o_O
  17. Sythe Member

No luck after a couple of hours. stayed at the bottom of the ramp most of the time. Flew what I think should be it's route according to wiki.
  18. Ratza Well-Known Member

It's shouldn't take that long to find it unless you are not looking in the right area or in Fens1. Try staying on the ground and running along it's path....not sure how easy it is to spot if you doing a fly-over.
  19. Sythe Member

Aye I was in Fens1. I was at the bottom of the ramp closest to the bellywumper post.
  20. Sythe Member

The only thing I can think of is either 1) I'm at the bottom of the wrong ramp or 2) I was able to complete the last quest in Q timeline without having complete some quest in there.(is that possible?)