Did Gaukr get a steroid boost?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Bhayar, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Last night, running with our usual "coins" group, we noticed Gaukr must have been in secret steroid therapy in the last week. This is not some dewy-eyed newb group, but well geared and we know what we're doing. We were repeatedly wiping with Gaukr throwing 130 million damage proc "Sandstorm." Anyone else notice this unexpected "buff" to his damage?
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

3. EmJay Well-Known Member

Yesterday afternoon I ran it and we got through it fine. Today I ran it twice once on my main and then I healed on my alt and we also got through it with no problems.
    I do remember it being one of the hardest expert zones when they first became available for that reason you mentioned with the Sandstorm AE. It could be a dps check or maybe something bugged out just for that instance. You should try again today. :)
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Maybe just bugged then. This was a group that has done this instance before with zero issues and plenty of dps, haha. It was just bizaare how it was blowing us out of the water. Thanks for the feedback, EmJay
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

maybe he crits or idk .. but I know sometimes the fights seems harder ... sometimes people keep dying and sometimes not. i'ts big inc damage and the healer cannot slack or just preward and dps.

I know I sometimes have no issue and sometimes I have to keep healing ... it's a rng fight :)
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the problem is. It's an inconsistent fight strat for sure. The night we fought this guy and lost, I eventually logged out so we could bring a 3rd healer in. Trust me, as I said, this was a damned experienced group and we fought ranged. Others said, "get up close to his butt." Last night, tank went down and I was on my illy main. Wound up tanking the thing and we survived, although several party members were down. Go figure. I think what we can all agree on is there is something completely inconsistent in how this fight goes.
  7. Gninja Developer

This encounter isn't setup strangely or anything. Not sure why it would be inconsistent. I am keeping an eye on it but I am a bit stumped on it at the moment.
  8. Bord Active Member

The sandstorm pulse just goes up fairly quickly on him and there's no limit on it. The trick is to burn him in under 1 minute, after that you'll have a really hard time not getting 1 shot.

Although mages seem to be immune to that pulse for some reason, we had a warlock solo him on expert after we all died / res'd multiple times once
  9. Shadowscale Active Member

am a mage, definitly not immune, it hurts rather bad
  10. Gninja Developer

The damage should grow slower after tomorrow's update.
  11. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

warlock probably took the expert pot at zone-in. that would be my guess.