Dev's - please....how is this reasonable!!...200 PLAT for assassin pet

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Odium, Nov 5, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Odium Guest

Ok, I know that anyone has the right to put anything up for sale at whatever price they choose. BUT....

200 PLAT !!!! for Nightshade Master I (285 if you want to buy it from black market). That's just nuts!

The fact that its rare enough to be put up for sale at that price at all aught to be a clue. The last one I saw on AB was 75 plat. Now look at the conj scout pet - its still expensive, around 30-40 Plat (a friend bought his from broker at 35P) - but at least thats somewhat reasonable! Why oh why does the necro scout pet have to be so damned rare? Im not asking that it drop all the time or anything but the market price aught to give you a clue that its just a tad more rare than it should be. The tank pet is in the 30 - 40 plat range - even that would be ok - at least you see that one for sale every few weeks. Its months between assasin pets. assuming you ever save enought to actually buy it, its months before it shows up and you'd have to live on the broker because 6 billion other necros want it too - and they're probably richer ;-)

I dont think having more Master I nightshades would cause any issue, its not like its so much better than the Adept III - yes ts better, Ive seen the comparisons, but its not THAT much better - not enough to unbalance anyone or anything. Its just cool to have. Im not asking that the pet change or anything, just be a bit more available.

Im not even asking that it drop from something specific - no, keep it random, but just drop more often. Mirror it against the Tank pet or even just make it more reasonable so that people can't charge these mammoth prices and more necros get a chance at a really cool pet.- its part of the fun.

It also helps even people out - right now the people that can afford this pet can also afford the cool armor, etc, and those that cant, cant. So right now all the master Nightsade does is make Uber necros yet more uber and us "normal" necros feeling frustrated. (Barring those that had guildmates give it to them of course, a nice guild that does that given the nightshade's market value). And you cant say that those that work for it get it, because it drops at random - right now its those that are extreemly rich, very lucky or willing to cheat the system (using a coin broker) that get it. The vast majority of Necros are left with the knowledge that barring a miracle, they'll never get to use their master I Nightshade. (which is a real pity given that we are a pet oriented class).

I can see why people pay these coin brokers, I'd never do it, but it crossed my mind when I saw the Nightshade for 200 Plat.

Anyway. Cant one of you Devs look at this maybe? if Im wrong and it does drop as often as the others - ok...but sure doesn't seem like it. And the maket value is a huge indicator of that. It would be nice if you could tweak the "thing" you need to tweak to make the Master I Nightshade a little more available. Im not asking that it be made easy so that suddenl y every necro has one but - say tweak it in line with the tank pet (dreadnought) - or something similar.

I know it would take away some joy from those that have it and see it as unique - but cant the rest of us have a better chance to share in that joy too? ;-)
  2. ARCHIVED-Catchisif Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Odium Guest

The reason its so desired is not the reason its rare, if that were the case we would see similar rarity in any and all similar spells of similar level range across the board - we dont. Sorry, but I can't agree, that logic doesn't hold water. There are many highly desired spells, few if any, are quite as rare as the Nightshade Master I. as to T6 raids and Low T7 zones dropping it - I agree...so make it drop a little more.

Message Edited by Treozen on 11-05-2006 03:53 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Uanelven Guest

Master spells are too common imo. /shrug
  5. ARCHIVED-Odium Guest

I guess I could agree with that. But given that they are as they are, I cant see a good nor reasonable reason for the Nightshade to be so much more rare than the rest. Still, given the choice I'd rather have some than none.
  6. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

yeah i would personally like to see them be a bit more rare from heroics especially. it is just rediculous imo that someone can get a master of all there spells no matter how "uber" of a guild or how much money they have. they need to make them rare again and then make spell rares for adept 3s way less common too.

from 1-50 leveling up i saw one master spell, now they drop all the time besides a few levels. mostly 60, 61, and 70 it seems are the rarest.
  7. ARCHIVED-dj_krztoff Guest

I camped and looted it ... eat out of my butt.
  8. ARCHIVED-evhallion Guest

Actually it's not the master that is rare as it's the lvl 60 epic mobs and the people killing them. From DoF to KoS I saw nightshade drop once on Shadowhaven and it was in my guild and a server discovery. Dropped in Scornfeather Roost. Since KoS I have seen at least 10 drop on the Bazaar. Still rare but not as it orginally was. So being not as many are farming DoF now the drop rate has been upped already.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dzenis Guest

Ther is nothing worth 200p on this game... PPL are trying to get rich fast way but you know what i whould never never never pay that much for that master thats just sick lol. Thats just me...
  10. ARCHIVED-Tokamak Guest

SOE has long since stoped making master spells the sole preserve of end game raiders. They are looking after their desired casual (WoW) player base by making good items and master spells drop from less chalenging content. It is not that the spells drop too easily, just that your play style is no longer welcomed by the devs.
  11. ARCHIVED-Jeger_Wulf Guest

> just that your play style is no longer welcomed by the devs.
    Not true. His style is still welcomed by the developers. However, other styles are now welcomed, too.
  12. ARCHIVED-Uanelven Guest

Cool, this mean I'm a raider? :p
  13. ARCHIVED-Admhel Guest

I don't think pleading with the devs would make the spell cheaper or expensive. I mean, the person selling it has the right to sell it for however he wants. It's just up to you to buy it or not according to your bank account.
  14. ARCHIVED-Odium Guest

I don't think I was pleading - Granted I said "please" in regards to looking into it - but more our of courtesy, no groveling. I said that the seller had every right to sell it for the price they want - im not challenging them or saying they are wrong - just using the price as evidence of the extreem rarity of the spell.
    Lots of good point here.
    As to the person that advised I "camp it" and then "Eat of his butt" First I' d like to know what you camped? - the entire KOS zone? Because as far as I know its a random drop that has been known to drop from anything from Bixies to virtually any 60+++. As to eating out of your Butt - I must decline on the grounds that its not a part of my current diet - no carbs you see.
  15. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

This is not a KoS spell.

The whole reason its rare is because its a T6 spell originally found in T6 zones and only fairly recently been dropping in TT off the 60 mobs. Go and rerun PP or T6 raidzones or xp zones and youll stand a better chance of finding it.

Its bad enough that nearly every necro has master mage/tank nowadays shows how common masters are.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

The L70+ Master pets are more common becasue more people are raiding that level content. Not as many people are still raiding the T6 content that would drop the L60 Pet.

As far as price goes... try negotiating with the seller.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

The seller has every right to destroy the spell if they want, but most people will take what they can get, and if they aren't that reasonable, then so be it, such is life.
    As for camping it yourself... it will drop from any T6 high level content... So it really is just a matter of luck... does your guild still do T6 Raids, cuz thats where I'd start.
    But then nothing in EQ2 is a guaranteed, so if you don't get it you don't get it, thats life as well. I have my T7 Masters, but thats becasue they both drop from non L70 ^^^ mobs. We just got unlucky that our T6 pet was L60 and not L58 or 59... or even 61... All L60 Masters are extremely rare, its just how things turned out.