Devs please help us get a working filter for leaderboards!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Llieam, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Llieam Well-Known Member

Endlessly searching to find a house to tour, we really need to fix the leaderboard search function. It would make it so easy to find our friends house if we could just search! This would really help the housing community as well.

Just my two coppers on this,

LL
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

I am in total agreement on this. To be able to type a player's name in and search would make things so very much easier than trying to find that characters house that is alphabetically midway or towards the far end of the alphabet, when looking for owner's name. The current search function leaves MUCH to be desired. :)
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Barring a Search function (please, o please, devs; that would be a great FF present!), I'd like to be able to go backwards from the beginning: to go from page 1 to page 87 in an 87 page roster, for example, for names or titles that are near the end... :-/

I once had a digital radio/alarm clock that could go backwards in time as well as forwards, which made setting it for Daylight Savings very easy. So I know computers can do it. >:->

Uwk
    Trixwynter and Merriel like this.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

I had thought about that option too, but then it still makes it difficult to reach those names that are midway through, especially if you have 100 or so pages to sift through. That's why it would really be best to have a box we can type in the player's name. :)
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True! +1! ;->

Uwk
    Griffon Lady and Merriel like this.
  6. daicia Well-Known Member

Yes please! Not only would this be wonderful for visiting new houses friends publish, it would be great for revisiting some that have been buried to deep in the list, but that are very worthy of revisiting!
  7. Eliohia2 Active Member

I will happily jump on this request!! It would make things so much easier!!
  8. Puckling Active Member

Please please please! It takes forever to find a home to tour specially with the server merges.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oy, absolutely yes... X-P

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  10. Sharann Well-Known Member

Oh triple yes on this!!! Please please pretty please with apples and cookies! :)
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

A ticket has been opened for this issue on the DBG Issue Tracker. If this is a problem for you, please go and upvote the ticket: https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQII-368

The more votes a ticket has, the higher priority it gets. For those people concerned about making a login for the tracker, start a free Gmail account and make a login JUST for the tracker. This is the place you can both report bugs AND see what's happening to them.
  12. Valzen Well-Known Member

Absolutely yes please. And while they're at it, I do hope a search is eventually added to house item list and to the moving crate.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

YES!!!!!

+1! :D

Uwk
    Faeonara, Badhealer and Puckling like this.
  14. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I voted for this. Also, I know a lot of people would love to be able to search for a specific house type like Researcher's Sanctum or Rum Runners Cove so they can get ideas. Need a decorator field as well so we can search for your favorite decorators to see if they posted anything new :D
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oof, that's a lot of fields for them to place in the Housing/Leaderboards window; dunno if it would all fit...on the other hand, we might not need all the lines of titles we have if we could Search for what we need. On the third hand (all right, fine, tail, whatever), for me a lot of visiting if I don't have a specific idea in mind is a lot of "window-shopping": if a title and accompanying picture look intriguing, I'll check it out... ;->

Uwk
  16. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

/crosses fingers that enough people vote for this on the DBG tracker that it gets done. ^_^
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't see any reason on Earth (or Norrath, for that matter) that the Powers couldn't do it; they've put Search functions everywhere else, long ago. Just hope the folks responsible for those are still part of the staff, or at least left good notes. :-/

Uwk
    who firmly believes that a lot of troubles with the bugs, spaghetti code, etc. are due to a lack of documentation...
    Badhealer likes this.
  18. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

XD Don't get me wrong reading this reply. I REALLY really really want a search added to the leaderboards for the house title and/or publisher's name, but being the pessimist/realist I am, I can allllllways think of reasons why things might not work out for the best. XD (but the optimistic part of me is luckily VERY stubborn. XD)
    The only reasons I can think of are
    *the server resources used in any search and the lag that (highly unlikely) could happen with bunches of people searching recipes, broker, inventories, and houses (maybe even DMs) at the same time on one server.
    *Annnd the potential bugs that will pop up and keep the devs from fixing other things.
    *Annnnnnnd the old "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" (because it will break if it's fiddled with) ...(But it's not fixing, it's improving!!! :))
    *Also the "Time is money" thing. :\ They spent time making the leader board we do have, so the budget for that might be gone (or however they divvy up the priorities). In which case, the higher ups will say no.

And in spite of all that, I realllly do still hope they add a search engine. :) The more of us they know are interested, the more likely they are to add it. Happy customers stick around and are more likely to support the game (spend money) and recommend the game to other players, so if there's a chance to make a bunch of players happy with a lil old search engine, maybe they will add one? /hope
    But if there are only 7 (Oh! 8 now! Thank you whoever you are!) people willing to go and vote on it (DBG tracker), I doubt they will consider it worth their time to program in a search engine for us. /..\
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, it's also a game of percentages; if 8 people represent 50% of the people who respond to DBG Tracker with feedback and requests instead of complaints, the Power receiving this could point to the statistics and say, "Fifty percent of players want this! Let's do it!" ;->

Uwk
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member